Question Patriot Viper Steel 3600Mhz and B450 Tomahawk Max Compatibility

Nov 20, 2019
Hello,

Hello,

I am interested in buying this Patriot memory:

Patriot Viper Steel 16GB DDR4-3600MHz (PVS416G360C7K)

I also have a B450 MSI Tomahawk Max motherboard and a Ryzen 3600. Is there anyone who tried this motherboard-ram combination? I want to know for sure if i will be able to use the XMP profile without problems. The memory is Hynix CJR as far as I know. It is not in the supported list of the motherboard, but that doesn't mean anything. Any help would be useful!

Thank you very much!

Lutfij

Titan
You can work with any ram on the market, so long as they conform to the slot that is on the motherboard. That being said, you should be able to work with that ram kit out of the box. Although the Max version comes with the BIOS updated, I'd advise on updating the BIOS to the latest off of MSI's site, manually.

Reactions: ibot!
Nov 20, 2019
Thank you for your answer. I will update the bios regardless. My biggest concern is that I've read some reviews from users claiming that the XMP wasn't working and they couldn't reach the 3600mhz frequency even manually. I personally doubt that since CJR modules are usually great in overclocking, but i want to be sure in any case.

Nov 20, 2019
Hi there!

Looking into this RAM for the same motherboard and just wondering if you ended up purchasing this kit?
If so, how did it go getting to 3600MHz?

Thanks in advance :)

Hey,

Sorry for the late response. I actually bought another kit, basically because i wasn't sure if this one would fit under my cpu cooler. I bought crucial ballistix sport lt 3200mhz. It is a lower frequency kit but a better overclocker if u are interested in overclocking. You could probably reach 3600mhz easily. The XMP profile also works without issues in my system (Tomahawk Max + Ryzen 3600).

Reactions: Budge414