Review Patriot Viper VP4100 M.2 NVMe SSD Review: Wicked Fast With an Edgy Design

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
Companies need to focus on IOPS , the Sequential performance is not that important over 3500MB/s it is more than enough , and external device cant touch that speed today so copying and pasting large files at 5000MB/s is not even utilized ...

Focus on IOPS ... PLEASE.

seanwebster

Contributing Writer
Editor
Aug 30, 2018
Is there a reason you dropped the Adata XPG SX8200 Pro from all the comparisons charts? Seems especially strange given it's supposedly Tom's Hardware favourite SSD?
I didn’t have the 2TB sample at the time. I did include the HP EX950 though. It features the same hardware, so the performance should be similar.
But, for a more accurate measure, I have just received the 2TB SX8200 Pro in the mail and will be posting up some updated benches with both of these SSDs soon.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
Companies need to focus on IOPS , the Sequential performance is not that important over 3500MB/s it is more than enough , and external device cant touch that speed today so copying and pasting large files at 5000MB/s is not even utilized ...

Focus on IOPS ... PLEASE.

Not to mention OS/File System improvements to better handle tens of thousands of micro files without dropping to KBps data rates. Shifting video data etc. is no biggie. It's microfiles that are the real killer today.