Patriot Wildfire SSD Does 500 MB/s Read/Write

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]noblerabbit[/nom]Windows 7 SP1 takes WAYYYY to long to install, even on my Gen2 Intel 80GB SSD. I will skip the Gen3 drives, for they are way overpriced, and over hyped. Look for sweet Gen2 deals this Spring, and wait for next years Gen4 drives at 1TB/s.[/citation]
there is something wrong with your computer....after the d-load was finished it took me about 20min or so to install on my 256gb revodrive x2....

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]tavix[/nom]Do they last more than the average 5 years???[/citation]
you will get a new drive long before the supposed 5 year life of the drive

cybersans

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
[citation][nom]supertrek32[/nom]Too bad these type of speeds don't matter unless there's a large capacity behind it...[/citation]
i also install 7 sp1 around 20 minutes something like that, just using seagate 7200rpm. well, pc needs soft touch from your soft hand. if your hands cursed, using raid with SSD 500MB/s with 10GHz processor with 20GB or ram wouldn't satisfying you :D

well, when they get back their money for ssd's RnD investment, i hope they will reduce the price. starting from that moment, i'll buy!

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]neomike[/nom]I bought my first ssd a couple of weeks ago.... A Crucial C300 64Gb. Best buy in a Loooooong time.[/citation]
not really....the c300 is fairly old....you should have waited

neomike

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]not really....the c300 is fairly old....you should have waited[/citation]
Old???? welll if it is i don't care cause it´s fast and works with sata3

chanyote66

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2011
SSD technology has drastically increased my capability, I am an IT guy for a Marine unit currently in Afghanistan. I run a share drive for people to get movies off (for those of you worried about pirating, each file has a trojan built in that destroys the movie after being removed from my server and 2 watches...) I started to convert my 10TB media drive to SSD when i got a great deal on some cheaper A-DATA drives, running 10 64GB drives in raid 5 for my most popular media dropped my processor demand by about %50-%60. I have also put a SSD in my Toughbook to increase speed while decreasing power usage. This gives me about 8 hours of standard usage, 7 hours of movies and 5 hours of gaming. The speed aspect, i am running a custom build of windows 7 ultimate, my boot time is currently 15-25 seconds cold start, 5-10 sec from hibernate, and 8 sec shutdown! so for those of you that say its a waste to spend money on SSD's do your research and know what they are capable of!

Status
Not open for further replies.