Patriot Wildfire SSD Does 500 MB/s Read/Write

Status
Not open for further replies.

henryvalz

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Why is it that every single post about SSD's always has someone complaining about the price. SSDs are the price they are because they're f-ing useful and f-ing fast.

If you want to sit around and wait for you HDD to spin to find some data, then go ahead. And don't forget to check your COM ports before logging on to AOL with your 56k modem, too.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
[citation][nom]henryvalz[/nom]Why is it that every single post about SSD's always has someone complaining about the price. SSDs are the price they are because they're f-ing useful and f-ing fast.If you want to sit around and wait for you HDD to spin to find some data, then go ahead. And don't forget to check your COM ports before logging on to AOL with your 56k modem, too.[/citation]

If you want to sit around and watch your $500 investment slowly destroy itself, then go ahead. And don't forget to grab another credit card and drool over your five seconds of saved load time that cost you a house payment, too. Oh, a whole thirty seconds to a minute of boot time you say? Revolutionary!

/passive-aggressive

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]henryvalz[/nom]Why is it that every single post about SSD's always has someone complaining about the price. SSDs are the price they are because they're f-ing useful and f-ing fast.If you want to sit around and wait for you HDD to spin to find some data, then go ahead. And don't forget to check your COM ports before logging on to AOL with your 56k modem, too.[/citation]
Ouch. Buy me one of these and I'll never complain about the cost ever again. Fair? Or does it cost too much?

deathbydoubleG

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
[citation][nom]burnley14[/nom]Ouch. Buy me one of these and I'll never complain about the cost ever again. Fair? Or does it cost too much?[/citation]
a $500 house payment?? wow.. that's really low... but our house was probably a little bit pricier at 12,000 square feet.

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Sata 3 at 6.0 GB/s with SF-2200 & sizes to suit most of our pockets in case we can not afford the 128GB or the 256GB SSD's...I think I will be getting the 64GB size though,although I doubt whether they'll be cheap,but the 64GB will be the cheapest & most likely one to get out of the Patriot's Wildfire range for me...Since they all will share that 500MB's sequential read & write speeds I will not have to get into a rut about choosing just because I can not afford to buy the more expensive SSD's...

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Also one more thing extra to add & that is that I hope that they have a cleaning utility made specially for windows XP x32 & x64 for this Patriot's Wildfire SSD's...Or make Trim to suit windows XP & Vista for both x32 & x64 bits...

lordoflight

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
I have a Synology 411j with 3 Green caviars at 2TB in Raid 5 on Gigabit. Paid 500 EUR. How does this thing stack up against a 128 SSD? It doesn't.

mcvf

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
[citation][nom]wayneepalmer[/nom]You gotta watch for the deals though...really closely. I got an Agility 2 120gb for $139 over on the Egg on Wednesday.[/citation]
What a robbery! Prepare for FBI landing on your soil anytime soon!

ewood

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2009
[citation][nom]deathbydoubleg[/nom]a $500 house payment?? wow.. that's really low... but our house was probably a little bit pricier at 12,000 square feet.[/citation]

excessive

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]_Cubase_[/nom]Imagine 4x 256GB versions of these in RAID-0... *drool* ...so fast it smashes into your credit limit at incredible speed!![/citation]

But that would be pointless in the speed attained for consumers. A single drive doing 500MB/s is insane in and of itself. Also I don't think TRIM works in RAID.

juandon

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]bildo123[/nom]But that would be pointless in the speed attained for consumers. A single drive doing 500MB/s is insane in and of itself. Also I don't think TRIM works in RAID.[/citation]

Irrelevant due to it being sandforce, garbage collection is all that's offered.

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Windows 7 SP1 takes WAYYYY to long to install, even on my Gen2 Intel 80GB SSD. I will skip the Gen3 drives, for they are way overpriced, and over hyped. Look for sweet Gen2 deals this Spring, and wait for next years Gen4 drives at 1TB/s.

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
In reply to HavoCnMe...Yeah I read that same article the other day & I could not believe what I was reading...Although they could of said which operating systems that these tests where done on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS