Question Pavlov VR causes my pc to crash abruptly

Feb 18, 2023
Ive been holding off of asking here because of the specific nature of this problem but the devs dont care and the community relayed common answers i had already tried so i thought id make a post here, anyway
When playing pavlov (and literally no other game as far as ive seen) after a completely random amount of time my pc and everything plugged into it goes black and it starts booting up as if someone hit the reset switch. I have already: verified the game files, checked the ram and gpu, ruled out overheating as a cause, ruled out a lack of overall wattage, started it through both steam and oculus, keep steam and oculus up to date, etc.
Windows event viewer says error 41 "kernal power"

i had a problem like this a while ago where other games caused this and the fix was resetting my os (since i had changed motherboard)

Feb 18, 2023
bios version is: American Megatrends P1.70 28/04/2021 not sure how to check if that is the latest

i ruled out heat by using HWiNFO64 to monitor temperature of the components and comparing them to the limits
i ruled out power by putting a power monitor in the plug i was using and connecting my pc's socket directly to that

TRENDING THREADS