Question Paying for a 30 mbps wifi, but high ping and inconsistent download mbps.

fluze

Commendable
Mar 21, 2018
Yes, I'm paying for a 30 mbps wifi.

My wifi started to get very inconsitent and hops from 70-120 ping everytime and download mbps from 5-15 it really depends idk why.

Is there any fixes for this? thanks! :)

fluze

Commendable
Mar 21, 2018
When you say you are paying for "30mbit WIFI" do you mean that your link to your ISP is a wireless link?

Yes we have a wireless wifi, i could also use the ethernet to be plugged on my computer, sadly no luck. High inconsistent connection is still on. The internet speed we have right now is 30 mbps.

kanewolf

Titan
Yes we have a wireless wifi, i could also use the ethernet to be plugged on my computer, sadly no luck. High inconsistent connection is still on. The internet speed we have right now is 30 mbps.
OK, does your wireless link show a signal strength or quality ? Your antenna may have moved from the optimal orientation.
With all the self-quarantine it is quite possible your ISP is just overloaded.
Wireless is not going to have stable ping like wired service. That is just the price you pay.

fluze

Commendable
Mar 21, 2018
OK, does your wireless link show a signal strength or quality ? Your antenna may have moved from the optimal orientation.
With all the self-quarantine it is quite possible your ISP is just overloaded.
Wireless is not going to have stable ping like wired service. That is just the price you pay.

ok so, i've been having good wifi speed and ping is very fine (around 8-10) ping before and the wifi was also 15mbps 1 week ago, but we decided to upgrade to 30 mbps and now it's became laggy, my current situation right now, 100-200 ping and inconsitent download speed (5-15 mbps)

kanewolf

Titan
ok so, i've been having good wifi speed and ping is very fine (around 8-10) ping before and the wifi was also 15mbps 1 week ago, but we decided to upgrade to 30 mbps and now it's became laggy, my current situation right now, 100-200 ping and inconsitent download speed (5-15 mbps)
Was new hardware installed at your end as part of the upgrade? I think this is an issue you are going to have to work with your ISP.

fluze

Commendable
Mar 21, 2018
Was new hardware installed at your end as part of the upgrade? I think this is an issue you are going to have to work with your ISP.

yeah i tried to contant. but sadly, no services are given we have to go there but we're in lockdown due to covid
no hardware was installed, all we did was upgrade since there was a promo and they've notified us that they upgraded our plan already.

kanewolf

Titan
yeah i tried to contant. but sadly, no services are given we have to go there but we're in lockdown due to covid
no hardware was installed, all we did was upgrade since there was a promo and they've notified us that they upgraded our plan already.
At least since no hardware was installed, they couldn't mess it up !!! I am guessing that they are just overloaded with all the quarantine.

yep, idk why they can't handle this much, when its around 11PM - 6AM my ping is very very fast
Your ping is fast because everyone is asleep, lol. Solution? Turn into a night owl. :D

And just some additional information--I monitor 4 different isp accounts in 2 different states and I'm seeing excessive packet loss during a certain windows of time each day as well. Everything is running max capacity now. :(