Arthur

I was just wondering.....Do you think it's a good idea to BUY new software
for FS9, knowing that FS10 might be issued 3 or 4 months from now? Most of
us don't have a clue as to what the updated program will offer, but it just
may create some compatability issues with some of the existing terrain and
aircraft software for sale. I'm not addressing freeware because it's
free.....only payware. Any thoughts??

Arthur

dallas

"Arthur"
> for FS9, knowing that FS10 might be issued 3 or 4 months from now?

I believe the last reasonably creditable report puts FS10 for the summer of
2006.

Dallas

Arthur

You REALLY think they'll miss out on Christmas 2005?? That's like writing
off a zillion bucks.

The reason I asked was because I'm thinking of buying some stuff and I don't
like flushing my hard-earned pension down the toidy.

Arthur

> "Arthur"
>> for FS9, knowing that FS10 might be issued 3 or 4 months from now?
>
> I believe the last reasonably creditable report puts FS10 for the summer
> of
> 2006.
>

> Dallas

dallas

"Arthur"
> The reason I asked was because I'm thinking of buying some stuff and I
don't
> like flushing my hard-earned pension down the toidy.

Buying an add on? Someone call hell and get a weather report.... :)

If history repeats itself, your beloved add-on developers usually issue a
statement that they will create a patch for the new version. Basically,
everyone tries to make the old version work while the developers try to
figure out what changes have been made without a published Microsoft SDK.
That process takes 5 months. At 6 months the customers begin raising holly
hell and the developers finally rush a patch out and hope it holds.

I'd bet you are buying scenery.. historically scenery has been backward
compatible.

Dallas

Arthur

That's good, because that's the direction I fly : )

Arthur

(SNIPPET)