Question PBO and undervolting to get the highest clock possible diminishing temps on Ryzen 2700x+X470 Taichi

kilyan

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Hi, as the title says, i would like to take advantage fully of pbo with the undervolting method. But i need some guidance, since i'm not really confortable messing with voltages without knowing what i'm doing, I'm already on latest bios 3.43

Last edited:

quicc

Prominent
May 26, 2019
It depends if you're trying to undervolt I don't know if you can use the Ryzen Master tool or not because if your board supports it then just use the program. Usually the mobo is used to overclock intel cpus. Just the program makes it so much easier but sorry I can't help you with the voltages itself :(

kilyan

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
Where have you seen that undervolting is a common and effective method for PBO?

If you don't know what you're doing maybe you should just let PBO do its thing normally.
I forgot to say in the title of this topic undervolting but with NEGATIVE OFFSET. It seems that PBO ENABLED not Auto produce the best result if you set a negtive offset on the vcore,since ryzen 2000 series logic is more clock the less is the temperature. So if i use the less possible voltage, i will gain at least 5 degrees and possibly stay under 60 °c when gaming. This helped by an aggressive fan curve, where from 50 degrees above the cpu fan is always spinning at max. The result depends mostly on the quality of the cpu. The best achievable setting is cpu and Soc LLC to 5, the less aggressive on this mother board, untouched ram voltage and vcore negative offset -0.100. Most likely this will not make boot the pc, but some rigs are more luckly than others. Some suggest to put a fixed voltage to the soc of 1.0125v, and eventually decrease it if the pc boots with the other settings. So for now i tried myself, my machine boots and i can play with both LLC 4, negative offset -0.100 And ram at 3200 at their original voltage 1.35v, Soc.1.0125 fixed. I'm playing dauntless and the result was even better than expected: with PBO AUTO was reaching 68 degrees, now max is 60, but most of the the time jumps from 55 to 58. Looking at the vcore, it never reached 1.4v, it maxed at 1.387v. You should try if you have ryzen 2000 series, it's real benefitting especially in the hot summer.

Last edited:

kilyan

Reputable
Nov 21, 2015
What sort of boost clocks are you getting, and what sort of clocks were you getting without the offset?
With PBO AUTO and all voltages auto i reached 70 degrees even if for a few seconds, max vcore is 1.45v for a boost of max 4100mhz. With PBO ENABLED offset on vcore -0.100. both LLC 3 (4 at last gave problems), soc v. 1.0125 I reached max 60 degrees max vcore was 1.387 against 1.45 for a boost of 4250 max. I'd say it's worth it. I'm playing dauntless and is not the most demanding game, but you notice already the difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJ Hooker