[SOLVED] PC 4K TV purple screen

mrtickets35z

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
I game on A sony x900 e and for some reason when I try to game on 4k/60hz/ With HDR i get a purple color on the screen .. i have to take off HDR to remove the purple color or lower the refresh rate to 30hz.. here's my setup. so if anyone who is familiar with this problem AND has the Same TV . please help..
1. HDMI cords is 2.0 compliant
2. I have Enhanced HDMI turned on (sony tv) with output setting on full array
2. I'm using Port 2 which as per manual/ 4k@60hz 4:4:4(HDR supported too)
4. Geforce GTX 1080ti & drivers up to date & NVIDIA display 4k@60hz
5. windows 10 with game Bar off

Solution
I forgot to mention That I have a 4K receiver ...Sony STRDN1080 . and I was reading other forums that the receiver has settings for HDMI the has to changed to "Enhanced" to i can get the 4K/60HZ/HDR . and sure enough after I changed it, IT WORKED . and it also fixed the issue where my display option in windows was saying the 1080 resolution was native. but even though the tv is 4K..I was so giddy and happy LOL
Jan 28, 2019
I have the very same problem. I have a Samsung Q7f and an i9900k with a 2080ti. The HDR works fine at 30hz but when I use games at 4k+HDR+60hz I get a purple screen. Have to double check the cable (spent the whole sunday playing with the TV and PC config) but I use it with a display port adaptor (the card has only one HDMI and I use it for the Oculus).

i think i know what u mean by now
what are u experiencing is: in desktop HDR + WCG is turned on, in game (fullscreen) HDR is turned off
soooo thats a windows bug actually
HDR will work flawlesly without messing up colors (in windows)
for fullscreen or borderless: when u set HDR +WCG off in desktop and in game set HDR to on
for windowed mode (not borderless): HDR + WCG can be on

mrtickets35z

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016
I forgot to mention That I have a 4K receiver ...Sony STRDN1080 . and I was reading other forums that the receiver has settings for HDMI the has to changed to "Enhanced" to i can get the 4K/60HZ/HDR . and sure enough after I changed it, IT WORKED . and it also fixed the issue where my display option in windows was saying the 1080 resolution was native. but even though the tv is 4K..I was so giddy and happy LOL

Solution

mrtickets35z

Commendable
Oct 27, 2016

nope , i tested that too , but media bridge makes great cables

Sep 19, 2019
I game on A sony x900 e and for some reason when I try to game on 4k/60hz/ With HDR i get a purple color on the screen .. i have to take off HDR to remove the purple color or lower the refresh rate to 30hz.. here's my setup. so if anyone who is familiar with this problem AND has the Same TV . please help..
  1. HDMI cords is 2.0 compliant
  2. I have Enhanced HDMI turned on (sony tv) with output setting on full array
  3. I'm using Port 2 which as per manual/ 4k@60hz 4:4:4(HDR supported too)
  4. Geforce GTX 1080ti & drivers up to date & NVIDIA display 4k@60hz
  5. windows 10 with game Bar off

Mine is similar except for the 1080ti. I have a 1070. I've had the same issue since factory resetting my PC. So if you find your solution, I'd love to know. Only certain games turn purple on me, and I have a new cable...

Mine is a LG UHD smart TV and I can't find my solution. Any ideas?

Sep 19, 2019
i think i know what u mean by now
what are u experiencing is: in desktop HDR + WCG is turned on, in game (fullscreen) HDR is turned off
soooo thats a windows bug actually
HDR will work flawlesly without messing up colors (in windows)
for fullscreen or borderless: when u set HDR +WCG off in desktop and in game set HDR to on
for windowed mode (not borderless): HDR + WCG can be on
Also, what is this WCG? Is that Windows Gaming Center?