PC 5220 Air Card Trouble

mc

I just upgraded to a Sierra Wireless PC-5220 Air Card, it basically
works but there are two problems:

1 - If I leave the card in while booting it wont initialize - it hangs
on that screen endlessly.

2 - After I plug in the card and connect, I can't launch any apps.
I'll click on Internet Explorer for xample, and the program wont
launch until 5 minutes later. The machine is frozen but not really
crashed because I can navigate through the start menu and other
functions while it's frozen. Even if I Control Alt Delete, the windows
task manager wont launch either (until the delay ends and suddenly
every program I tried to launch comes up at once. Anybody out there
seen this too?

MC

Paul

Splendid

If you were using Sierra Aircard 550 previously, did you fully uninstall the
550 software? (and uninstall Venturi if you were using that)

Use the stable version 2.0 software that's on the CDROM, don't use the
updated version on Audiovox website since VZW hasn't quite figured that
version out yet themselves...

Using ZoneAlarm 5.0? I've read some posts on other topics where that has
caused a new set of problems ZA 4.0 didn't have...

Maybe something screwy with standby mode? I know weird things happen if
you do something like hibernate, then pull the card, then start the system
back up without the card in place, the Mobile Connection Manager pretty much
gets lost and needs a proper reboot.

IIRC, just pulling the card and replugging the card (which seems ok with 99%
of other PC Cards), doesn't seem to work real well with the 5220. The
Mobile Connection Manager gets confused...

HTH,
Paul