PSU: Corsair rm850x
SSD(OS): 250gb 970evo
SSD: 1TB 860QVO
Ram: 16GB tridentZ royale 3000mhz
GPU: 2080ti gaming x trio
CPU: i9 9900k
Cooling: Enermax Liqfusion 360mm

The problem:
Recently i had to do a clean install of windows. Every time i boot my pc, it would just freeze within a minute. O couldnt find a fix so i just reinstalled windows. But ever since the reinstall my pc has been kinda slow. I have made sure to putthe same OC on my graphics card and have even managed to get a 5Ghz OC on my cpu on all cores, where i before would only get up to 4.8Ghz but i am still at a lower performance. Games like Borderlands 3 sometimes drop frames all the way down to 45. Changing graphic settings from ultra to lowest only gives me like 10fps more, where as i before would never fall below 70fps on ultra. I have also benchmarked my system with the free timespy benchmark from 3DMark which gave me clear results. My highest score before the reset was 13924, but now i am barely hitting 12241.
And now, when ever i put my cpu under load, all the rgb in my pc starts flashing randomly, turning off for half a second at a time but not in sync. It jumps arround between ram, cooler, rgb strip and fans. Only my graphics card has not done so yet. My cooler, ram and strip are controlled by the MOBO, 3 fans (they also flicker) are connected via a lighningnode pro.

Is this problem solvable without another windows reinstall?

Apr 24, 2019
i simply used the reset feature in windows itself and chose the one where it removes all data from all harddrives without rebuild point. I also have the newest bios installed

I have now put up a hardware monitor while playing. CPU anf GPU utilization never exceeds 60%. Most of the time my gpu is on 49% while cpu jumps up and down between 50% and 60%. Ram is stable on 60%. These numbers dont change duryng fps drops

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2019
are you sure? I didnt just reset to an earlier date. I pressed windows, shift while pressing restart, them reset with all files deleted (it also states that it reinstalls windows. And i really want to avoid having to do that again. Dont want to have to download everything again...