Apr 6, 2020
Hello guys, I have a bit of a problem with my PC at the moment.

A week ago, I had a R5 2600X that I changed to a R7 3700X because it was bottlenecking my RTX 2070 Super. So I changed it (without upgrading the MOBO because it's compatible) and for a day or two it ran flawlessly.

I bought RDR2 and it ran like a dream. After a GPU update two days ago, however, the game started acting all weird: The menu's would take too long to appear, my character wouldn't respond to player input, audio would drop out or play some sounds but not others, textures wouldn't load in if I moved too far from the area I spawned.

I blamed it on the game, but today I bought Metro Exodus and it's doing some of the same things, like the audio bugging out or the menu and textures not loading or taking too long to load.

Does anybody have a clue what could be causing all this? I uninstalled the GPU drivers with DDU and reinstalled them but no luck there. The only other thing that changed is the MOBO's bios, that I upgraded before the CPU change, so maybe that could be it? It's not all games, mind you, Resident Evil 3 runs pretty much flawlessly, even though the sound dropped out for a second after a cutscene, but maybe that's the game.
TL;DR: I changed my CPU and now some games take too long or don't even load menu's and textures and the sound drops out.

EDIT: I've linked a Youtube video to show you the issues.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFjEovMK-0g&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
Solution
what are your full system specs including power supply?
I'll list them for you, but I think I've found the problem.

-Ryzen 7 3700X at stock speed
-MSI RTX 2070 Super Ventus 8GB
-16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM
-MSI B450M Bazooka
-1 TB HDD WD Blue
-SSD Kingston A400 500GB
-SSD Crucial BX500 240GB
-EVGA 700 BR 80+ Bronce, 700W

The thing is I moved the game to the smaller 240gb SSD and the problems went away. I still have to check RDR2 on this smaller SSD but i'm fairly confident that the problem lies on the 500gb SSD. I've tested it on many apps and it appears to be healthy, so I don't know what could be causing it.
Apr 6, 2020
what are your full system specs including power supply?
I'll list them for you, but I think I've found the problem.

-Ryzen 7 3700X at stock speed
-MSI RTX 2070 Super Ventus 8GB
-16 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM
-MSI B450M Bazooka
-1 TB HDD WD Blue
-SSD Kingston A400 500GB
-SSD Crucial BX500 240GB
-EVGA 700 BR 80+ Bronce, 700W

The thing is I moved the game to the smaller 240gb SSD and the problems went away. I still have to check RDR2 on this smaller SSD but i'm fairly confident that the problem lies on the 500gb SSD. I've tested it on many apps and it appears to be healthy, so I don't know what could be causing it.

Solution