[SOLVED] Pc acting weird

Feb 3, 2019
So I decided to vacuum clean my pc (nothing thorough, just a quick sweep). I vacuumed the CPU, PSU and Graphics card and plugged everything back in. Keyboard and mouse LED's didn't work, and my monitor didn't have any signal. I let it be for a few minutes and the motherboard logo shows up on screen. I restart the pc and everything works fine.
I start playing a game and 5 minutes after, the pc freezes and I get this weird noise on my headset. I tryed restarting it, it i could hear the fans reving up. It did this for a few times and then shut down, and now it tryes to start up(the LED flashes), and turns off in like half a second.
So I unplug everything and let it sit for a few minutes, and the PC started! But then the same thing happened. The mouse wasnt flashing, neither was the keyboard and the monitor had no signal. I tryed restarting the pc, and it did the same thing as ladt time. Only now, i tryed unplugging it and leaving it alone but it did not fix it, and it does the same thing again. What could be the issue? Did I fry anything in the pc? The graphics card, ssd and PSU are BRAND NEW (a month and a half old, but used for only a few weeks), while the motherboard, CPU and RAM are a few years old (5 years max).

Solution
Yes.

Be sure that the computer is turned off and unplugged.

Look for brown or black streaks anywhere within the case. Likely that you may still be able to smell something burnt. The odor ends to linger.

Use a bright flashlight and look very carefully at all components and cards. You may even find some small component blown open and broken.

Then again the damage may be internal somewhere and not visible at all.

All you can do thereafter is to test everything (PSU, Motherboard, GPU, RAM, CPU, etc...) separately and hope that the damage was limited to one specific component.

Ralston18

Titan
Power off, unplug, open the case and double check all connections, seatings, jumpers, cables, etc.. Ensure that everything is correctly, fully, and firmly in place. Hope being that the vacuuming may just have pulled or bumped something loose.

That said, vacuuming can cause static buildups and subsequent sparks that can indeed fry components.

I believe that you may be safe in that respect as the computer does boot and work.

So I would lean towards just a loose connection or perhaps some short that occurs as the computer warms up.

Post your system's hardware specs and OS. Read the motherboard's User Manual/Guide to find out what the flashing LED is indicating.

Feb 3, 2019
My specs are
- Apacer panther SSD
- Sapphire rx 570 nitro+ OC, Graphics card
- 3rd gen intel i3 (cant remember the exact model)
- Corsair vengance RAM
- Gigabyte GA-H61M-HD2 motherboard
- Spire SP-ATX-650Z-APFC PSU
I checked everything and it works out, even switched the RAM to another slot.
Now it powers on and nothing comes on screen. Tryed restarting it a couple times with no succes. While unplugging the power cable, i somehow accidentaly touched 2 of the 3 pins on the power connector and it stung me. I waited for a few seconds and out of curiosity tryed again, and it stung me again. Also, when i unplugged the power cable it made a slightly loud popping noise.

Ralston18

Titan
You are getting shocked ("stung") when you unplug the computer's power cord from the wall outlet - is that correct?

There may be a problem with the electrical outlet. Or the plug itself - do you see any bare metal away from the actual plug prongs?

Are you using some sort of power bar to gain additional outlets for your computer, display, printer, etc....? If so, the power bar may be defective/unsafe. Lots of cheap ones on the market that should never be used.

Or are you unplugging the power cord on the end going into the PSU? Do not do that.

Get someone knowledgeable to check the wall outlet to ensure that it is working and safe.

Move your system to another location with another known working wall outlet. Try booting your computer at that location.

Ralston18

Titan
Yes.

Be sure that the computer is turned off and unplugged.

Look for brown or black streaks anywhere within the case. Likely that you may still be able to smell something burnt. The odor ends to linger.

Use a bright flashlight and look very carefully at all components and cards. You may even find some small component blown open and broken.

Then again the damage may be internal somewhere and not visible at all.

All you can do thereafter is to test everything (PSU, Motherboard, GPU, RAM, CPU, etc...) separately and hope that the damage was limited to one specific component.

Solution