[SOLVED] PC acting weird

cos_ine

Prominent
Nov 8, 2019
Last couple of weeks my PC is acting weird. I hear a fan go really loud for a split second and then return to normal speed. Please help. Also, my PC sometimes loses signal to the monitor and things like this happen.
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700, stock cooler
Motherboard: Asus ROG strix x470-f
GPU: Asus ROG strix RX 590
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8 Gb, 3200 MHz
PSU: Corsair Vengeance 650M, 650 watt, semi-modular
Storage: 1TB Toshiba HDD, 7200 RPM

Solution
If the GPU is acting like this in another system, it´s a faulty GPU -> RMA it, send it back

if not:

is the GPU plugged into the upper PCIe port?

reset the BIOS, eventually set the boot order correctly after that

try switching the power supply to the other direction, either multiple or single

How high are the GPU clocks while gaming? memory and GPU clock

Any tuning tools installed? like GPU TWEAK 2 or msi afterburner or similar
uninstall these
check temperature of the GPU while gaming

use ddu uninstaller to remove all GPU drivers and reinstall the latest from amd.com

update the motherboard´s BIOS

Is anything overclocked?

Do you use the original cables from this power supply?

Is the GPU connected to the power supply by one 8 pin (6+2 pin) power connector?
Is the power supply switched to multiple or single rail?
https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedi...ent/cp-9020175-ar-vengeance_silver_650_11.png

Is the GPU in OC mode or gaming mode?
Up to 1565 MHz (OC Mode)
Up to 1545 MHz (Gaming Mode)

Try the GPU in another system

cos_ine

Prominent
Nov 8, 2019
check temperature of the GPU while gaming

use ddu uninstaller to remove all GPU drivers and reinstall the latest from amd.com

update the motherboard´s BIOS

Is anything overclocked?

Do you use the original cables from this power supply?

Is the GPU connected to the power supply by one 8 pin (6+2 pin) power connector?
Is the power supply switched to multiple or single rail?
https://www.corsair.com/corsairmedi...ent/cp-9020175-ar-vengeance_silver_650_11.png

Is the GPU in OC mode or gaming mode?
Up to 1565 MHz (OC Mode)
Up to 1545 MHz (Gaming Mode)

Try the GPU in another system
My GPU temps in GTA V don't go over 75C. I have removed all other GPU drivers and have the newest one. I have updated the motherboard's BIOS. Nothing is overclocked. I use the original cables, since it's a semi-modular PSU. So only some extra cables can be changed by custom ones. It is one 8 pin power connector, and I don't know if it's on single rail or multiple rail.

If the GPU is acting like this in another system, it´s a faulty GPU -> RMA it, send it back

if not:

try switching the power supply to the other direction, either multiple or single

uninstall these

Solution

cos_ine

Prominent
Nov 8, 2019

if not:

uninstall these
My problem is, I don't have another system to test my GPU in.
I'll try switching it to the other direction.
Also, this problem has been happening before I installed MSI Afterburner and GPU Tweak II onto my computer. But I just uninstalled them. My SCLK is 1545 MHz, and my MCLK is 2000 MHz. Also thing is, a family friend bought me my components and he lives in Germany. After the components arrived to them, they shipped the components to me, in Croatia. So the problem would be sending it back.

There is no other way to be certain it´s the GPU, than testing it in a different computer. Maybe you know someone in your neighborhood or friends or a computer store to just test it there.

Sending it that often might have made it defective. Most likely the GPU is faulty and you will have to RMA it - your friend will have to open a warranty case by the shop in Germany.

cos_ine

Prominent
Nov 8, 2019
There is no other way to be certain it´s the GPU, than testing it in a different computer. Maybe you know someone in your neighborhood or friends or a computer store to just test it there.

Sending it that often might have made it defective. Most likely the GPU is faulty and you will have to RMA it - your friend will have to open a warranty case by the shop in Germany.
Alright, thanks. I'm pretty sure it is a GPU problem. But I'll figure it out.

Reactions: helpstar