[SOLVED] Pc all of a sudden taking upwards of 5 minutes to boot/restart

Nov 18, 2020
I have a pretty high end system that used to boot up within 5ish seconds, it has a 3900x, 32gb trident z 3600 16, a 2070 super, boot drive is pcie 3.0, and my other drive is also pcie 3.0. I don’t have really anything booting on start anymore as I was trying to fix this. Help?

Solution
it does, should I rma it since it does not work at the right speed?
I'm not sure as it may work at the right speed on a different system. You could see what the highest speed you can get it to boot at is. Plus anything over 3200Mhz is technically overclocking the Ryzen memory controller.
You could try the DRAM calculator for Ryzen:
I have a pretty high end system that used to boot up within 5ish seconds, it has a 3900x, 32gb trident z 3600 16, a 2070 super, boot drive is pcie 3.0, and my other drive is also pcie 3.0. I don’t have really anything booting on start anymore as I was trying to fix this. Help?
I had that happen to me a while back after a Windows update. It was most annoying. I tried everything I could Google about it with no success. I gave up. Then after the next Windows update the problem disappeared I was back to my usual fairly speedy bootup. Weird.

Nov 18, 2020
Ryzen 9 3900x, pny rtx 2070 super using kraken cooler, 32 gb trident z 3600 MHz cl16, cpu is also under liquid with kraken z63, asrock x570 pro4, evga 850w g5 supernova stock cables, 500gb pcie 3.0 boot drive(don’t know make or model), 1tb hdd seagate, 1tb pcie 3.0 ssd from crucial, all in lian li lancool 2 mesh performance, and a lot of rgb. I can get into the bios now but when I boot the dram debug led is lit.

it does, should I rma it since it does not work at the right speed?
I'm not sure as it may work at the right speed on a different system. You could see what the highest speed you can get it to boot at is. Plus anything over 3200Mhz is technically overclocking the Ryzen memory controller.
You could try the DRAM calculator for Ryzen:

Solution