Question PC always boots to BIOS menu

deeplearner

Reputable
Sep 27, 2018
My computer has always booted directly to BIOS rather than automatically launching Windows. It does so with the following error: "Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting. After setting up Intel Optane Memory or the RAID configuration was built, SATA mode selection must be changed to RAID mode to avoid unknown issues." After this error message appears, I have to enter bios and then exit out of BIOS every time i turn on the computer in order for windows to boot. Any idea how to fix this?

When I first built my computer I had set it up for two partitions, one with Windows and one with Linux. A couple months ago I thought I completely cleared the computer and did a factory reset of windows. I want the computer now to only have windows. However in my BIOS if I go to boot preferences I see a windows option and also Ubuntu which was the prior Linux partition I had. It seems that this did not delete perhaps? I also have a HDD and SSD and so I'm not sure if there's an issue with that either. When i did the factory reset I installed windows to the SSD.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG STrix Z390-E
CPU: Intel i9-9900k
SSD Samsung 970 evo 500gb
I have a 2TB HDD
GFX: RTX 2080TI

Lutfij

Titan
After setting up Intel Optane Memory or the RAID configuration was built, SATA mode selection must be changed to RAID mode to avoid unknown issues.
Was the system build with an Intel Optane module or even a RAID array at some point in the past, while on Windows 10?

I completely cleared the computer and did a factory reset of windows. I want the computer now to only have windows.
I would've started anew with a clean install of Windows 10 after fabricating the bootable installer for the OS using Windows Media Creation Tools.

I also have a HDD and SSD and so I'm not sure if there's an issue with that either.
Can you open up Disk Management and pass on a screenshot of what you see there...?

Lastly, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?