[SOLVED] PC always loses network connection after being turned on or waking from sleep mode ?

Jul 31, 2021
I bought my PC build a year ago now, and ever since the first time I turned it on and connected via Ethernet I always get disconnected within the first 30 minutes to an hour. It happens so consistently that I've started launching games and just waiting for it to happen rather than start playing so that I don't get disconnected in the middle of an important session.

Basically I'll turn on/wake up the PC, the internet will instantly connect. Then, I'll start an online game, and whether I'm in a match or just hanging out in the games main lobby, I'll receive an error message from the game saying that I'm not connected to the internet (when I switch tabs to check on my connection I'll see the globe image which says that I'm not connected to the internet). Within seconds the connection will come back and work fine for the rest of the day, unless I put it to sleep or turn it off again, in which case the same will happen again.

Key points:

- As mentioned above, I'm connected via Ethernet, with my Wi-Fi turned off.
-I've tried changing my ethernet cable (bought a Cat 8 high-speed cable).
-I've tried changing all the settings (turn of iPv6, turn off power management settings, run ipconfig and all the different solutions under Command Prompt that I found online).
-I've updated all my drivers, and uninstalled and reinstalled them.
-I've tried contacting my ISP, and they said that they couldn't see any connection drop-offs from their end.
-I've reset my router.
-I've tried using a different port
-I bought a new router

I have no clue what else I can do. I welcome any suggestions that I may not have tried.

I've read somewhere that there is some sort of log that tracks the internet activity, so that I can see a report of what happens when the disconnection occurs, but I'm not sure how/where to find it. I also wanted to post my PC specs, but again I'm not sure how to do it and I don't know what information is relevant. As is probably clear, I'm not very computer savvy.

If there are any details that would help identify the issue, please let me know and I'll figure out how to get them.

Last edited:
Solution
Things you can do:

1.) "-I've tried changing my ethernet cable (bought a Cat 8 high-speed cable)." Try another known working, at speed, Cat5e or Cat 6 cable.

2.) Turn off or otherwise disable all power savers, sleep modes, etc.. If the problem ends then you can turn them on again but only one at a time to determine which one, if any, may be the culprit.

3.) Logs:

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for some error code, warning, or even an informational entry that appears around those 30 minute disconnect times. Clicking entries can provide additional details. Details may or may not be helpful....

You can also look in Update History for any problem updates.

4.) Look in Task Manager for any unknown software...

Ralston18

Titan
Things you can do:

1.) "-I've tried changing my ethernet cable (bought a Cat 8 high-speed cable)." Try another known working, at speed, Cat5e or Cat 6 cable.

2.) Turn off or otherwise disable all power savers, sleep modes, etc.. If the problem ends then you can turn them on again but only one at a time to determine which one, if any, may be the culprit.

3.) Logs:

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for some error code, warning, or even an informational entry that appears around those 30 minute disconnect times. Clicking entries can provide additional details. Details may or may not be helpful....

4.) Look in Task Manager for any unknown software being launched at startup. That software could be trying to update, backup, or perhaps just "phone home" and failing in some manner.

5.) Look in Task Scheduler. Likewise there could be something running that triggers an app and leads to the disconnect.

Reactions: SamJones9
Solution
Jul 31, 2021
Things you can do:

3.) Logs:

4.) Look in Task Manager for any unknown software being launched at startup. That software could be trying to update, backup, or perhaps just "phone home" and failing in some manner.

5.) Look in Task Scheduler. Likewise there could be something running that triggers an app and leads to the disconnect.

Thank you for the suggestions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1)Bought a Cat5e

2)Done

3) Checked Reliability History, I noticed some critical errors (Windows Hardware error, GameManager Service stopped working) but none consistent, and not occurring at the same time as my internet dropoff.

In Event viewer I saw the following warnings/errors:

1) WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped.

Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\IntelIHVRouter08.dll

2) The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
(random serial number)
and APPID
(random serial number)
to the user DESKTOPxxxx- (Removed specific information in case I'm not supposed to be sharing it) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

3) Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x80073D02: 9NMPJ99VJBWV-Microsoft.YourPhone

4) NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as a time source because of DNS resolution error on 'time.windows.com,0x9'. NtpClient will try again in 15 minutes and double the reattempt interval thereafter.

Nothing of note in Update History

4) In Task Manager I saw quite a few programs that I don't know. I'm not sure which processes I can safely end, in case I mess something up.

5) In Task Scheduler, there is only GoogleUpdate, Intel PTT EK Recertification, Microsoft Edge update, and a bunch of Nvidia updates (driver, node launcher, Battery boost, etc)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: Yesterday for the first time I didn't get disconnected at all. Today I got disconnected in the afternoon, and I had all the above applications open (Event viewer, Reliability history, etc), but I didn't notice any specific messages at that time.

Ralston18

Titan
4). Task Manager: What you do there is simply google for the programs. Most likely you will be able to learn what the programs are and what they do.

The thing to avoid is just disabling or deleting them.

(And, as always, you do have all important data backed up correct? At least 2 x and proven recoverable and readable. Just in case something else goes astray....)

If there was only one disconnect that is good.

Try doing some system repairs via "sfc /scannow" an "dism".

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Hopefully doing so will fix a few more things and resolve the disconnect issues.

Aug 4, 2021
So it reconnects automatically without you needing to do anything? Next time it happens, try to let windows diagnose your network connection. In the control panel, under network connections, right-click your ethernet connection and click "Diagnose" while it's in a disconnected state. After the Troubleshooter Wizard gets done doing it's thing, there should be a link at the bottom 'view detailed information'. That's a good place to start

Jul 31, 2021
4). Task Manager: What you do there is simply google for the programs. Most likely you will be able to learn what the programs are and what they do.

The thing to avoid is just disabling or deleting them.

(And, as always, you do have all important data backed up correct? At least 2 x and proven recoverable and readable. Just in case something else goes astray....)

If there was only one disconnect that is good.

Try doing some system repairs via "sfc /scannow" an "dism".

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Hopefully doing so will fix a few more things and resolve the disconnect issues.

Thanks again. I don't really have important data on this PC. I only use it for gaming (Steam, Battlnet, etc). In terms of data, I only have recordings of game sessions, which I can live without. I'll probably back it up anyway though.

I'll run those repairs and get back with my results! Appreciate the detailed advice.

Jul 31, 2021
So it reconnects automatically without you needing to do anything? Next time it happens, try to let windows diagnose your network connection. In the control panel, under network connections, right-click your ethernet connection and click "Diagnose" while it's in a disconnected state. After the Troubleshooter Wizard gets done doing it's thing, there should be a link at the bottom 'view detailed information'. That's a good place to start

Correct, it'll just disconnect (kick me out of whatever game I'm playing and show the globe icon instead of the connected internet icon), then within 1-2 minutes it will reconnect on its own. I wouldn't mind this if I wasn't gaming on it, because it will kick me out mid-session, usually in games where I cannot simply rejoin once the internet is back up.

I'll try to run the troubleshoot next time it disconnects. For now though, whenever I run a regular troubleshoot (while connected), I always get the same result:

"Problems found
Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device Detected or resource (DNS server) is not responding."

I've tried to have this resolved in a bunch of different ways (searched online for fixes), but it always still shows this problem. Doesn't seem to affect my day-to-day though, so I don't think this is the culprit.

Thanks for the advice! Will write back when I run the diagnosis.

Jul 31, 2021

Okay, happened sooner than expected!

So I got disconnected, ran the troubleshoot:

-First time, it said it could not find any problems so I ran it again
-Second time, it said:

"Plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter "Ethernet"
An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends. Plug this cable into the opening on the back or side of the computer. Make sure the other end of the cable is plugged into the router. If that does not help, try using a different cable."

So I'm guessing that there's something wrong with my Ethernet port on the PC? I've changed routers so I doubt that its the router port. What should I do in this case? Not sure how to troubleshoot a hardware issue. Even if I open up the computer, how can I tell what the problem is?

Ralston18

Titan
What network connectivity do you have?

Generally most home networks are similar to the following line diagram ( ---> represents an Ethernet cable):

ISP === coax, DSL, fiber ===> Modem ----> [ WAN port] Router [LAN ports] ----> wired devices and ~~~~> wireless devices.

Sometimes the modem and router are combined.

Edit and correct my line diagram as necessary.

Make and model information for Modem & Router?

Try another known working Ethernet cable.

Try plugging your PC directly into the Modem - determine if internet access is available and stable.

Try plugging in another known working computer into the Router port(s).

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt. Post the full results.

Jul 31, 2021
What network connectivity do you have?

Generally most home networks are similar to the following line diagram ( ---> represents an Ethernet cable):

ISP === coax, DSL, fiber ===> Modem ----> [ WAN port] Router [LAN ports] ----> wired devices and ~~~~> wireless devices.

Sometimes the modem and router are combined.

Edit and correct my line diagram as necessary.

Make and model information for Modem & Router?

Try another known working Ethernet cable.

Try plugging your PC directly into the Modem - determine if internet access is available and stable.

Try plugging in another known working computer into the Router port(s).

Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt. Post the full results.

I don't really understand the line diagram, but I'll give it a shot:

Coax cable comes through the wall (assuming from ISP), and connects to the router/modem, which I then plug an ethernet cable into the port (labeled ETH 1), which I connect to my PC ethernet port. I took pictures but not sure how to attach them here, as it asks for an https link.

ISP is Videotron - Helix. the router comes from them (replaced an older router model that I had). Not sure where you are living, but I am in Canada.

I don't have another computer to plug in, but I've connected the Ethernet cable to my PS4, and I never had any connection dropoffs.

I could try to buy a router from outside what my ISP provides? Any suggestions?

For ipconfig, I ran it twice (once while disconnected once while connected). It doesn't look like there is any difference, but just in case, I posted both:

ipconfig results (while disconnected):

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : DESKTOP-415JI7I
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 2C-F0-5D-60-17-86
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2607:fa49:5842:6200::ded(Preferred)
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : August 5, 2021 1:53:36 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : August 12, 2021 1:53:35 PM
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2607:fa49:5842:6200:71a9:5e1f:c936:3fbb(Preferred)
Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2607:fa49:5842:6200:cd3a:77ff:1e06:1c19(Preferred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::71a9:5e1f:c936:3fbb%4(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.19(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : August 5, 2021 1:49:31 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : August 7, 2021 1:52:33 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::226:86ff:fecc:402e%4
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 70053981
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-27-5F-0F-8B-2C-F0-5D-60-17-86
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 2607:fa48:2:8:6:0:1:14
2607:fa48:2:9:6:0:1:14
2607:fa48:2:8:6:0:1:14
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 3C-58-C2-72-EB-F6

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 3C-58-C2-72-EB-F7

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 10:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 3E-58-C2-72-EB-F6

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 3C-58-C2-72-EB-FA

ipconfig results (while connected):

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 2C-F0-5D-60-17-86
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2607:fa49:5842:6200::ded(Preferred)
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : August 5, 2021 1:53:36 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : August 12, 2021 1:53:37 PM
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2607:fa49:5842:6200:71a9:5e1f:c936:3fbb(Preferred)
Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : 2607:fa49:5842:6200:4543:b02a:3c10:3d6b(Preferred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::71a9:5e1f:c936:3fbb%4(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.19(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : August 5, 2021 1:49:31 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : August 7, 2021 1:52:34 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::226:86ff:fecc:402e%4
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 70053981
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-27-5F-0F-8B-2C-F0-5D-60-17-86
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 2607:fa48:2:8:6:0:1:14
2607:fa48:2:8:6:0:1:14
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 3C-58-C2-72-EB-F6

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 3C-58-C2-72-EB-F7

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 10:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 3E-58-C2-72-EB-F6

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 3C-58-C2-72-EB-FA

Aug 4, 2021

-Second time, it said:

An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends. Plug this cable into the opening on the back or side of the computer. Make sure the other end of the cable is plugged into the router. If that does not help, try using a different cable."

So I'm guessing that there's something wrong with my Ethernet port on the PC? I've changed routers so I doubt that its the router port. What should I do in this case? Not sure how to troubleshoot a hardware issue. Even if I open up the computer, how can I tell what the problem is?

-Second time, it said:

I wouldn't worry about opening the case just yet. Next time the drop happens, run the troubleshooter wizard but like I said click the small link at the bottom 'view detailed information' and try and post that information, especially if it warns of a problem.

If it's telling you to plug in a cable but your cable is already plugged in and working, then that would suggest an issue with your computer's NIC. You can open Device Manager and look for your NIC and see if you need to update the driver. Also, make sure that the 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' check box is not set if you see it.

I have not followed this thread so I apologize if this has been suggested and tried.

Turn off IPv6 you can get very confusing results since it will use a mix of ipv4 and ipv6 and many thing on ipv6 don't work so well.

Change the DNS settings in your PC to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1. in the IPv4 settings in the nic. The way you have it now the router acts as a DNS proxy and the router likely is using the ISP dns server. Both these can have issue, things like google (8.8.8.8) tend to be extremely stable.

When it is in a broken condition see if you can ping the router IP.

I don't think it is a cable issue because the IPCONFIG you show when it is broken shows the interface active. It will normally say disconnected if there is a cable issue.

Jul 31, 2021
I wouldn't worry about opening the case just yet. Next time the drop happens, run the troubleshooter wizard but like I said click the small link at the bottom 'view detailed information' and try and post that information, especially if it warns of a problem.

If it's telling you to plug in a cable but your cable is already plugged in and working, then that would suggest an issue with your computer's NIC. You can open Device Manager and look for your NIC and see if you need to update the driver. Also, make sure that the 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' check box is not set if you see it.

I haven't forgotten about this. I've just been unlucky that when the disconnect happens and I run the troubleshoot, I'm usually getting the DNS problem message, and then by the time I run it again the internet has come back online.

I'll keep trying until I'm able to get back to that "Plug in your ethernet" result.

As always, thank you for the suggestions.

Jul 31, 2021
I have not followed this thread so I apologize if this has been suggested and tried.

Turn off IPv6 you can get very confusing results since it will use a mix of ipv4 and ipv6 and many thing on ipv6 don't work so well.

Change the DNS settings in your PC to 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1. in the IPv4 settings in the nic. The way you have it now the router acts as a DNS proxy and the router likely is using the ISP dns server. Both these can have issue, things like google (8.8.8.8) tend to be extremely stable.

When it is in a broken condition see if you can ping the router IP.

I don't think it is a cable issue because the IPCONFIG you show when it is broken shows the interface active. It will normally say disconnected if there is a cable issue.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Turned off IPv6.

For the DNS settings am I changing the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway? Or the Preferred/Alternate DNS server?

Also what do you mean when you say ping the router IP? Is that where I go through Command Prompt and type "ping 8.8.8.8" (after changing the DNS settings I assume)?

Apologies for the computer illiteracy lol, I tried googling everything you said but just need to clear the above items up if you don't mind.

Only change the DNS you can leave the IP set to get it from the dhcp server.

For most people the router IP is the default gateway you can see on the ipconfig command. In your case it is 10.0.0.1 That is not a IP that is commonly used in home routers but that is what you are using.

Jul 31, 2021
Only change the DNS you can leave the IP set to get it from the dhcp server.

For most people the router IP is the default gateway you can see on the ipconfig command. In your case it is 10.0.0.1 That is not a IP that is commonly used in home routers but that is what you are using.

Okay so I should change the preffered DNS to 8.8.8.8 correct?

For the IP, is that a bad address? Can/should I change it or is it not really affecting anything?

Thanks again.

8.8.8.8 is google and is very commonly used. You can use 1.1.1.1 which is cloudflare if you want.

The IP address is fine it is just not common to see it used. Almost all consumer router use IP in the 192.168.x.x. Not sure why so many routers use 192.168.x.x it really doesn't matter they are all private IP addresses and you can use them anyway you want.

Jul 31, 2021
I haven't forgotten about this. I've just been unlucky that when the disconnect happens and I run the troubleshoot, I'm usually getting the DNS problem message, and then by the time I run it again the internet has come back online.

I'll keep trying until I'm able to get back to that "Plug in your ethernet" result.

As always, thank you for the suggestions.

So I ran the troubleshooter again, then did the "view detailed information":

Network Adapter

Issues found
An Ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be broken
Fixed
Plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter "Ethernet"Completed

Issues found
6An Ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be brokenFixed
An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends. Plug this cable into the opening on the back or side of the computer. Make sure the other end of the cable is plugged into the router. If that does not help, try using a different cable.
Network Diagnostics Log
Detection details

Diagnostics Information (Network Adapter)
Details about network adapter diagnosis:

Network adapter Ethernet driver information:

Description . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE Family Controller
Manufacturer . . . . . . . . . : Realtek
Provider . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek
Version . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.42.526.2020
Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : C:\WINDOWS\INF\oem12.inf
Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 2:58:46 PM
Section Name . . . . . . . . . : RTL8125B.ndi
Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_10ec&dev_8125&rev_04
Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a
Device Manager Status Code . . : 0
IfType . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6
Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 14

Network Diagnostics Log

Other Networking Configuration and Logs

Collection information
Computer Name: DESKTOP-415JI7I
Windows Version:10.0
Architecture:x64
Time:Monday, August 9, 2021 7:53:42 PM
Publisher details

Windows Network Diagnostics
Detects problems with network connectivity.
Package Version:4.0
Publisher:Microsoft Windows

Network Adapter
Find and fix problems with wireless and other network adapters.
Package Version:3.0
Publisher:Microsoft Corporation

Jul 31, 2021
Does anybody have a reference for a computer repair service I can call to assist with this (in Canada)? At this point I've tried virtually everything, and can't figure out what's wrong.

Any recommendations of a company I can call and bring my case to them and have them look at it.

I'm also thinking it may be my motherboard, because I got a micro motherboard and I think something may be happening on this end.

In any case, I appreciate all the advice you all have provided, and for taking the time to try and help with this issue.

Aug 4, 2021
So I ran the troubleshooter again, then did the "view detailed information":

Network Adapter

Issues found
Fixed

Issues found

6An Ethernet cable is not properly plugged in or might be brokenFixed
An Ethernet cable looks like a telephone cable but with larger connectors on the ends. Plug this cable into the opening on the back or side of the computer. Make sure the other end of the cable is plugged into the router. If that does not help, try using a different cable.
Network Diagnostics Log

Detection details

Diagnostics Information (Network Adapter)
Details about network adapter diagnosis:

Network adapter Ethernet driver information:

Description . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe 2.5GbE Family Controller
Manufacturer . . . . . . . . . : Realtek
Provider . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek
Version . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.42.526.2020
Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : C:\WINDOWS\INF\oem12.inf
Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, July 21, 2020 2:58:46 PM
Section Name . . . . . . . . . : RTL8125B.ndi
Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_10ec&dev_8125&rev_04
Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a
Device Manager Status Code . . : 0
IfType . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6
Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 14

Network Diagnostics Log

Other Networking Configuration and Logs

Collection information
Computer Name:DESKTOP-415JI7I
Windows Version:10.0
Architecture:x64
Time:Monday, August 9, 2021 7:53:42 PM

Publisher details

Windows Network Diagnostics
Detects problems with network connectivity.
Package Version:4.0
Publisher:Microsoft Windows

Network Adapter
Find and fix problems with wireless and other network adapters.
Package Version:3.0
Publisher:Microsoft Corporation

I'm unable to see your .etl file (did it upload properly?). However, I'm thinking it might be more cost-effective to just try a different network adapter. You said you've already replaced the router and you've tried different ethernet cables, correct? Then if the troubleshooter is saying it's the ethernet cable, and you're supposedly using a known good cable, then that points to the NIC itself. You could try updating the device drivers for your current NIC in device manager, or for about $25 you could buy a new USB ethernet adapter and just plug that into an unused USB port on your computer.