PC and Gaming problem

Sithire

Reputable
Feb 26, 2014
Ok so im having issues with my PC I think...? I recently really started to notice the problem when I started playing fallout 4. I have a GTX 970, I5 4690k, 8GB ram. But I can hardly run fallout 4 on ultra. I only get about 30 FPS. But I think my issue is my RAM. I use hardware monitor and I have noticed that the longer my PC is on the lower my "Available memory" will go down. When I restart my PC it starts at 6.4 even tho i have 8gb. then over a course of a few hours it will drop down to 0.3 eventually causing my PC to freeze and need a restart to get back to 6.4... Is my RAM bad? Is this why im getting bad FPS? This has been an issue with many game for a few months but I just really started to realize how bad it was with fallout 4. My computer will even crash If im not using it. for example sometimes Ill leave my computer on overnight and When I comeback there will be some kind of memory error (Cant remember what it exactly says) then Ill click "ok" on the message screen and everything I do on my PC will Be VERY slow and will crash and black screen (even the internet and file browser) then followed shortly after with ethier a blue screen freeze or just a PC freeze that requires a restart. I feel like with my specs if my computer was running properly I shouldn't be getting 30-40fps in fallout 4 but i think that is due to some kind of PC error that im unsure of.

For example I just restarted my PC and this is a screenshot of what the "Memory" section looks like on hardware monitor.. even just after restart its at 1.9GB.

https://gyazo.com/489591d83b51b959900b3b0e85814c37

Solution
Yes your ram has gone bad can u rma ?

But before that try to take the ram stick out, clean it and try putting it back again it also try another dimm slot

Sithire

Reputable
Feb 26, 2014

I have had the ram for almost 2 years now so no rma but ram isnt to expensive shouldnt be an issue to get 8gb new ram! thank you much! that's what I thought was wrong but just wanted to get other opinions before I go getting something I dont need.

TRENDING THREADS