PC and PS4 to 1 Monitor

mEduzaLTu

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
So I'm planning on getting a PS4 this winter, and I've been thinking about how I'm gonna set it up to my whole PC setup. I've got the audio sorted out, but I'm having trouble with the video.

The problem is the monitor I currently use, it's the Maestro 242dx, it only has 1 VGA and 1 DVI port. I've read that the VGA port should be avoided if possible as it won't have the perfect quality of a DVI port, so my PC is using the DVI port, so I'm left with no free port for the PS4.

Now I have two choices, either get a new monitor, or get some sort of splitter or something like that.

So I'm here to ask, what solution can you suggest to me, what splitter should I get to solve my problem or maybe you can suggest a monitor I should get, if a new monitor is the choice, it should be 24inch, 1080p, 1ms or 2ms response time, with adjustable height not costing more than 180USD.

Solution
Just get one of these to plug in your computer, any HDMI cable for your PS4, and one of these to switch back and forth. Total: less than $20.

Done!

(Example hookup - Yours will have different stuff plugged in, but it's very similar)

31I9UmWr6bL.jpg

mEduzaLTu

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
Thank you all very much for replying, all three would solve my problem, but I'm gonna go with Eggz's one, gotta love the remote to switch between the inputs, and for the output I will just get a HDMI to DVI converter.

nyczflipzta

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

Hey, Would you be able to tell me how you got the audio worked out, please? I'm looking to do my PC and PS4 on 1 monitor/TV. I have a 5.1 Logitech system connected to the sound card of my PC.

My question is, how can I use the same sound system for my PS4?

Thanks
-Chris

mEduzaLTu

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014

Sorry, but I'm not able to help you with that, I use my G930 headset, just pull out the little USB to which the headset connects to and plug it into my PS4, that's my audio sorted.

I'm sure there is a solution to your problem, just keep digging.

nyczflipzta

Reputable
Apr 14, 2015

I believe I have. Need a sound card w/ optical in and connect the ps4 that way. Thanks for the fast response!