Question PC Apparently Not Recognizing 8GB Ram Sticks

LTL428

Prominent
Feb 14, 2022
I was tired of games lagging on 8gb of ram, So I decided to get 2 8gb sticks (to replace my 4 2gb sticks). They arrived and I installed them, making sure to put them both in the same channel so they would work properly, and nothing. I got an error beep (which led up to me buying a new motherboard because I didn't know the ram was the issue.) the first time but I eventually figured out the ram was the problem, so I switched back to my 4 2gb sticks. I bought a single 8 gb stick after, because I thought the ram was just dead. I tried THAT stick, and got the same problem. They were not from the same seller, by the way.

Specs:
PC: Dell Optiplex 7020 MT
Graphics card: Nvidia quadro K5000 (Soon upgrading to a gtx 780 TI)
CPU: i7-4790s
The "faulty" RAM: 3x 8gb DDR3 1333 MHz (The last one might have been a 1600MHz)

Please help me.

Lutfij

Titan
The "faulty" RAM: 3x 8gb DDR3 1333 MHz (The last one might have been a 1600MHz)
Might want to pass on the makes and model of all the sticks of ram used, if you're mixing and matching them.

which led up to me buying a new motherboard
Did you replace the board with an aftermarket unit?

As for your motherboard on your prebuilt, what BIOS version are you on at this moment of time?

LTL428

Prominent
Feb 14, 2022
The 2x8gb sticks I bought were both for dell precision, and then the standalone 8gb stick was an HP branded stick. The first time I tried using the 8gb stick alone so its not a problem of mixing different rams.

Here is the bios version I'm running:
image.png