[SOLVED] PC Artifacts. Can't figure out the cause. Please Help!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TomWBush

Prominent
Jun 25, 2021
ok, so seems at least to me the issues u r facing is not hardware related... Now one thing to do is secure erase ur ssd and nvme drives... i.e, restore it to factory default... Also use HHDsentinnel to check the SMART status of ur drives, u can use samsung magician... Secure erase the drives using samsung magician... Now how to do that , i wud go with rather easy but long procedure...
1)Backup your data.
2)Install samsung magician; Secure erase ur secondary SSD
3)Reinstall windows on the secondary SSD, and while doing so format ur primary drive (But always be sure to backup data to USB)
4)Install Samsung magician on new install, now secure erase the "NOW" secondary drive...
5)Check for any firmware upgrades to both drives using Samsung Magician; If so upgrade it (but save ur backup)
Hello I just secure erased both my SSDs, and installed an older version of Windows 10 (since I suspect the issue might be caused by a Windows update). Unfortunately, I still see the same artifact issue.

Hello I just secure erased both my SSDs, and installed an older version of Windows 10 (since I suspect the issue might be caused by a Windows update). Unfortunately, I still see the same artifact issue.
As none of the troubleshooting helped, i wud suggest u to rma the GPU... Its quite strange, and i searched a little and found a few having such issues occuring on the new series of GPU... Sry, but now thats the only viable solution... Also the last thing that remains is the PSU... But i doubt it may be the cause as then u wud had got the issues while gaming too... U can try Testing ur GPU in a spare pc or use it on a friend's PC and see if it works...

Aug 29, 2021
OMG 😲 I registered here just to tell you that your not alone

I can't believe you have the exact same problem 100% that I'm dealing with for a months and nobody can figure it out !!

I reinstall windows 10 more than 10 times with different versions on different ssd and hdd and the same with the Nvidia driver different versions + bios different versions

I tried every anti virus softwares and chkdsk + sfc/scannow

I replaced my gpu and i got new psu and i replaced my 32 gb ram 😭

I can play any game without any problems and normal temperatures

I can't use Chrome or edge they'll crash immediately only Firefox works with artifact
pixelated images !!

All chromium based applications and browsers had the same artifact and crashing problem ..

i can't open Spotify application and Ubisoft launcher was the same but yesterday after updating the Ubisoft launcher now it working 🙃 so this is software issue with chromium and windows

Now my windows got curapted again because im trying to fix this problem and just right now i bought new ssd and new usb to reinstall windows again maybe all my ssd and hdd had bad sectors or virus or something

My pc

Cpu :Intel i7 5960x
Gpu : 1080ti
Motherboard: asus x99 deluxe
Ram : corsair dominator 32gb

Aug 29, 2021
New ssd and fresh windows 10 with the same issue again artifact and chromium based applications crashing, I give up 😭😭

TomWBush

Prominent
Jun 25, 2021
So I've solved the problem after almost two months of trying different things. It was a CPU defect despite I was able to run Prime95 for 2 hours straight without any issues.
For anyone still having the problem, try booting your PC up with only 1 thread first in System Configuration to see if the artifact issue still persists.
Search for "System Configuration", go to "Boot" tab, click on "Advanced options...", check the "Number of Processors" box, and select 1 processor. Then it will prompt you to reboot. After rebooting, check whether the issues have gone away.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thawadioo

TomWBush

Prominent
Jun 25, 2021
OMG 😲 I registered here just to tell you that your not alone

I can't believe you have the exact same problem 100% that I'm dealing with for a months and nobody can figure it out !!

I reinstall windows 10 more than 10 times with different versions on different ssd and hdd and the same with the Nvidia driver different versions + bios different versions

I tried every anti virus softwares and chkdsk + sfc/scannow

I replaced my gpu and i got new psu and i replaced my 32 gb ram 😭

I can play any game without any problems and normal temperatures

I can't use Chrome or edge they'll crash immediately only Firefox works with artifact
pixelated images !!

All chromium based applications and browsers had the same artifact and crashing problem ..

i can't open Spotify application and Ubisoft launcher was the same but yesterday after updating the Ubisoft launcher now it working 🙃 so this is software issue with chromium and windows

Now my windows got curapted again because im trying to fix this problem and just right now i bought new ssd and new usb to reinstall windows again maybe all my ssd and hdd had bad sectors or virus or something

My pc

Cpu :Intel i7 5960x
Gpu : 1080ti
Motherboard: asus x99 deluxe
Ram : corsair dominator 32gb

Please see my latest reply. Although we have different CPU, I think your problem can still be CPU since it's one of the last things you haven't swapped out. Just try booting your PC with 1 thread and see if the artifacts will go away.

Reactions: Thawadioo
Aug 29, 2021
Please see my latest reply. Although we have different CPU, I think your problem can still be CPU since it's one of the last things you haven't swapped out. Just try booting your PC with 1 thread and see if the artifacts will go away.

You're the best 🏅 Thank you very much .
I have 8 core processor and right now I can use 7 core without any problem , thank you again you made my day ❤

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.