PC Audio hiccup

JedDylan98

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
Hi I have this really annoying problem that I haven't managed to fix. Well the problem is that when I plug a speaker into my PC (tried lots of speakers) it begins to hiccup, cuts out and then plays again. The weird thing is that it doesn't do it if I use headphones, which is what I have been doing. However sometimes it's nice to watch a movies with speakers, and if I ever have some friends round its a big problem. This has been going on for a while now, and from my memory it was after I upgraded my pc and took it apart.There is some other stuff that I think could be the problem that I don't know how to solve. If I bring up the sound tab thing in the bottom right corner, when it cuts out it changes to my TV speakers, which are running through my HDMI (my second screen) And finally it most likely cuts out if I move, it could be jogging the PC? A reply would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

JedDylan98

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
nope, no problems jiggling/spinning the wire, like I said its fine with headphones, so I'm not sure if its the connector. But thanks for the reply anyway.

Immaculate

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
Im not talking about the PC connector being bad, Im talking about the Speaker wires.
Try going to control panel/Hardware &Sound/Sound-Manage Audio Devices/ Double-Click on whichever device your using/ Click the "Advanced" Tab/ Change it to "24bit, 44100Hz"

JedDylan98

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013

Yep nothing (doesn't cut out) when I jiggle the speakers wires, Another thing to note I have tested other speakers too. I also updated allot of out of date drivers, shut down my PC and so far nothing has happened :) I also managed to change the Hz in control panel as-well, but so far its fine. Thanks for your help, I'l be sure to message back if it happens again, but I'm sure it was the drivers.

JedDylan98

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
yeah it does it on everything, you-tube, movies and whatever source if media that audio is needed