PC Audio to household radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techie Question:

Is there anything that I can attach to my PC that will broadcast my
audio output to FM or AM radios located within my house. If not a
broadcast over FM or AM frequencies is there another (low cost) option
that I can use. I would like to play music and other MP3 clips on
bedroom radios that are hosted on a server. There are no PCs in the
rooms that I want to receive the signal.

Thanks, -b

There is a device that is sometimes referred to as an FM radio sender. It is
a small low cost stereo transmitter that can broadcast on the consumer FM
band.

Radio Shack, Future Shop, and places like that should handle this type of
product.

You should be able to connect it to the output of your sound card, and FM
radios that are located to within about 200 feet should be able to pick it
up.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Trial User" <trialuser@mynet.com> wrote in message
Techie Question:

Is there anything that I can attach to my PC that will broadcast my
audio output to FM or AM radios located within my house. If not a
broadcast over FM or AM frequencies is there another (low cost) option
that I can use. I would like to play music and other MP3 clips on
bedroom radios that are hosted on a server. There are no PCs in the
rooms that I want to receive the signal.

Thanks, -b

Carl

Jerry G. wrote:
> There is a device that is sometimes referred to as an FM radio sender. It is
> a small low cost stereo transmitter that can broadcast on the consumer FM
> band.
>
> Radio Shack, Future Shop, and places like that should handle this type of
> product.
>
> You should be able to connect it to the output of your sound card, and FM
> radios that are located to within about 200 feet should be able to pick it
> up.

There is also a unit that does that in stereo and a device that does
stereo audio + video to a television on channel 3 or 4.
Of course, whatever you broadcast in this methods, your neighbors will
also be able to enjoy...
http://www.gatewayelex.com/index.html