Question PC auto reboot/restart while gaming

Apr 25, 2021
Hello guys,

I have been using this Skytech Gaming pc for couple months and everything was running good until recently. Game always crashed and I have been experiencing worst issue is that the pc just go blank and auto reboot.
I did monitor the temperature but everything looks ok, it stays around 65 degree. I firstly thought it might be the ram problem so I bought 2x 16gb corsair ram from BestBuy to replace but problem still exist.
I am hoping anyone can help me solve this issue? Thank you!

SPECIFICATIONS

Processor:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core 3.6 GHz (4.2 GHz Turbo) CPU Processor
Motherboard: B450 Motherboard
Memory:16GB DDR4 3000 Gaming Memory
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB
SSD: 1TB NVMe SSD
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Case: Skytech Shadow Gaming Case with Tempered Glass – Black
Power Supply: 600 Watt 80 PLUS Gold Certified Power Supply
WiFi: 802.11AC
Fans: Built-in 3 x ARGB Fans

werberman

Honorable
Jun 17, 2014
Check the logs - open the event viewer and navigate to windows -> system. Check for anything that says 'ERROR' (it'll be red). Could be a good number of things, so we need to know if windows is catching an error and crashing and if so, what error is being thrown.

GoofyOne

Commendable
Apr 4, 2021
The screen going black, and then machine rebooting, is often a sign of power supply problems. Whilst 600W power supply is what NVIDIA recommend for that graphics card, it may be that your pc needs a bigger psu, especially if you are overclocking.

Try changing power settings in MS Windows to run in low power mode, and maybe set up the graphics card to run in low power mode also if that is possible. I have a AMD gpu and the AMD Radeon software allows me to limit power usage by reducing the frame rate of games. If that works ok, then you know it's a power supply issue .. as in the power supply can't cope with the demand.

600W is just the recommended minimum I should think.

{GoofyOne's 2c worth}

Apr 25, 2021
Check the logs - open the event viewer and navigate to windows -> system. Check for anything that says 'ERROR' (it'll be red). Could be a good number of things, so we need to know if windows is catching an error and crashing and if so, what error is being thrown.
Hi, thanks for the info! I checked the log and I remember there is an error message saying something like " lost of power". I am not on the PC now so I don't have the exact word.
I bought a new PSU and tried it for a hour last night, it seems like the problem is solved but i will test it again later tonight after work.

Apr 25, 2021
The screen going black, and then machine rebooting, is often a sign of power supply problems. Whilst 600W power supply is what NVIDIA recommend for that graphics card, it may be that your pc needs a bigger psu, especially if you are overclocking.

Try changing power settings in MS Windows to run in low power mode, and maybe set up the graphics card to run in low power mode also if that is possible. I have a AMD gpu and the AMD Radeon software allows me to limit power usage by reducing the frame rate of games. If that works ok, then you know it's a power supply issue .. as in the power supply can't cope with the demand.

600W is just the recommended minimum I should think.

{GoofyOne's 2c worth}
Hi there, yes i also strongly believe that PSU is causing the issue. I replaced the old one with a new Corsair 750w PSU last night, and everything seems fine after a hour run but i will test it for longer time tonight after work.

TRENDING THREADS