Question PC automatically kills power when CPU reaches 70 degree celsius

TeoTH

Commendable
May 3, 2019
All new parts, just completed yesterday.
GPU benchmark runs fine, but CPU benchmark always fail because as soon as it hits 70 degree the whole pc just shuts down. No blue screen, no restart.
Temperature is about 38 degree when idle, 45 when google chrome is launched, 51 when installing 1 game and running 1 android simulator. All stock, no oc. Using AIDA64 to monitor the temperature.

Ryzen 5 2600
Asrock B450 Pro4
Zotac GTX 1660 Ti
FSP 600W 80+

Stock CPU cooler, 2 intake 1 exhaust.

TeoTH

Commendable
May 3, 2019
Okay. If anybody is having the same problem, find core performance boost in your bios and disable it.
It can now run everything without problem and the cpu temperature never got beyond 68°C for me.

from Pg 69 of manual: (Hardware Health Monitoring)

'Over Temperature Protection When Over Temperature Protection is enabled, the system automatically shuts down when the motherboard is overheated. '

Are you perhaps running an AIO, and maybe case fans provide little/no airflow of mainboard's VRM circuitry?

TeoTH

Commendable
May 3, 2019
from Pg 69 of manual: (Hardware Health Monitoring)

'Over Temperature Protection When Over Temperature Protection is enabled, the system automatically shuts down when the motherboard is overheated. '

Are you perhaps running an AIO, and maybe case fans provide little/no airflow of mainboard's VRM circuitry?

I'm running the stock cooler on cpu, 2 140mm on the front and 1 120mm in the back. Motherboard is usually 10 degrees cooler than the cpu.

Oh yeah and the shop agreed to change the power supply because the same model they gave me had three similar incidents lately. Sending it back tomorrow to change it and run some tests.