[SOLVED] Pc automatically shuts off

ChaosWeaver

Honorable
Jun 23, 2014
Hey all,

I have an old desktop that I decided to upgrade with a c2q q9550 and 4gb of ddr2 ram (2x2). I also bought a deepcool Alta 7 for it.

The problem that occurs is whenever I use YouTube or general surfing on Chrome (tried with explorer as well) the pc restarts (sometimes just shuts down) without any warning.

Below are (literal) screenshots of my config.

izur6v.jpg

osveyc.jpg

2zzsw0j.jpg

ftn2g9.jpg

Solution
The e4500 is a 65w part, and the q9550 is 95w , normally that small of a difference wouldn't matter too much, but it may if the psu is either low quality or aged or both. The q9550 is a die shrink from 65nm of the e4500 to 45nm, so there may be some discrepancy's in compatibility.
As long as temps don't go past 70c it should be fine, though 60c for just chrome seems dicey, but that's another matter.

I'd clear the cmos if you haven't.
It's probably a power supply that's too weak for the upgrade and shuts off when power draw spikes.
It could also be an overheat problem, check with either hwmonitor, coretemp, or speedfan, to see if the cpu is overheating.
Is you're bios updated to be fully compatible with the q9550?
At a stretch, it could be windows freaking out....thats a stretch though.

The e4500 is a 65w part, and the q9550 is 95w , normally that small of a difference wouldn't matter too much, but it may if the psu is either low quality or aged or both. The q9550 is a die shrink from 65nm of the e4500 to 45nm, so there may be some discrepancy's in compatibility.
As long as temps don't go past 70c it should be fine, though 60c for just chrome seems dicey, but that's another matter.

I'd clear the cmos if you haven't.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS