[SOLVED] Pc back fan

Jan 20, 2020
I have my pc almost a year and I never cleaned it, now the back fan is a 120mm fan and the blades covered with some what thick layer of dust, now sometimes when I start my pc 1 time out of 20 the back fan lights up and needs a small push to start spinning at full speed, now my question is, does this happen from the dust ? Or it’s a faulty fan ?

Solution
Ok I’ll clean it but like I said it happens once every 20-30 power ups of the pc and and slightest touch makes the fan to work at the speed it was working on the very first day, I would think that hardware issue would cause the fan to not work all the time

I had a few old fans doing this. I had once a CPU fan that I had to turn 2-3 times before it starts. It's just a fan dying. Clean it to see or replace it :)

The fan motor isn't strong enough anymore to make the blades spin a few turn to get momentum. Helping it with your fingers is doing that first step. I know I told you to clean it but I would just replace it or you do it like me. You start it with your fingers until it's dead for good.
Jan 20, 2020
Just clean the dust from it. Takes 5 minutes. If the fan always start after that you will know it was the dust. If you still have to push it for it to start just buy another fan.
Do I clean it with a microfiber towel or compressed air can ? I never really cleaned a pc and I dint want to ruin the components

If its a thick layer of dust youll want to avoid air. It likely wont get it all, and it would just blow it around into the PC.
Any type of cloth will work, doesnt have to be microfiber. When you go to wipe the fan down make sure you hold the blades in place so they dont spin, that can potentially damage the fan.

The fan not spinning is typically a hardware issue, not dust, but sufficient dust can cause issues like that, and prolonged use without cleaning wears out the fan.

Post a picture of the fan before you clean it, to see how bad it is.

Jan 20, 2020
If its a thick layer of dust youll want to avoid air. It likely wont get it all, and it would just blow it around into the PC.
Any type of cloth will work, doesnt have to be microfiber. When you go to wipe the fan down make sure you hold the blades in place so they dont spin, that can potentially damage the fan.

The fan not spinning is typically a hardware issue, not dust, but sufficient dust can cause issues like that, and prolonged use without cleaning wears out the fan.

Post a picture of the fan before you clean it, to see how bad it is.
Ok I’ll clean it but like I said it happens once every 20-30 power ups of the pc and and slightest touch makes the fan to work at the speed it was working on the very first day, I would think that hardware issue would cause the fan to not work all the time

I had a few old fans doing this. I had once a CPU fan that I had to turn 2-3 times before it starts. It's just a fan dying. Clean it to see or replace it :)

The fan motor isn't strong enough anymore to make the blades spin a few turn to get momentum. Helping it with your fingers is doing that first step. I know I told you to clean it but I would just replace it or you do it like me. You start it with your fingers until it's dead for good.

Solution