[SOLVED] PC barely works on first boot but works fine on second

Jan 18, 2021
I got this built about 6 months ago and haven't opened it since.
GTX 1650 Nvidia
AMD Razen 5 3600 6-core processor
2 8GB RAM
MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX
EVGA 600W 80 PLUS WHITE

Anyway, for some reason every time i turn on my computer it doesnt work, it turns on but everything is really slow, i can barely move the mouse and if i put on a video or something it stops every 2 seconds, when i try to turn the PC off it takes a while so i usually just hold the power button down, once i do this and turn it back on it usually works fine.

The problem solves itself this way but i'm worried that if i dont figure out why this is happening in the first place, it might get worse.

Solution
"when i try to turn the PC off it takes a while so i usually just hold the power button down"

That is not a proper way of turning off your system. If you do that all the time your issue is probably coming from this.

Could be anything. Corrupted OS. Missing drivers. Outdated drivers since you haven't touch this system for 6 months. Faulty hardware.

I would reinstall Windows 10 on that system to begin with and never shutdown your system like that again because you are forcibly cutting the power to your system like a power outage.
"when i try to turn the PC off it takes a while so i usually just hold the power button down"

That is not a proper way of turning off your system. If you do that all the time your issue is probably coming from this.

Could be anything. Corrupted OS. Missing drivers. Outdated drivers since you haven't touch this system for 6 months. Faulty hardware.

I would reinstall Windows 10 on that system to begin with and never shutdown your system like that again because you are forcibly cutting the power to your system like a power outage.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS