Question Pc been acting strange , only had it for 3 months

Jul 14, 2020
been having issue with pc starting up , keeps freezing on windows booting. have to do the 3x power off to get the auto repair going . then tells me could not fix anything , and i hit restart , and windows boots . this only happens when the system if off for several hours. upon first boot up is when the problems below happens.........

Just recently I built me a new gaming rig . Had it for about 3 months with no issues . But now all of sudden my 5500xt has been acting strange . I've done driver reinstall , fresh windows install , even as far as flashing bios to newer version and back. Yes all the proper Mobo drivers are installed . But for some reason upon first startup of the day , I'll run a game and the GPU wont hit the clock speed I set on MSI afterburner. I would have to shut the game down , and restart the pc . Once I'm back in everything is fine .... Is this driver issue? Hardware issue?

Here a quick vid I made to show you :

View: https://youtu.be/e_Ni_MmWtKs

Pls help

System specs :

Ryzen 5 3600 ,With a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Black RGB
XPG Spectrix D41 RGB 16 GB (8x2) DDR4 3600 Mhz
MSI B450 Gamin Plus Max
Asus Dual RX 5500 OC XT 8GB.
Silicon Power 1TB NVMe
ThermalTake 600W smart 80+ white PSU
Lian Li Lancool 2 case
Windows 10 build 2004
Latest adrenaline drivers 20.7.1

Your temps on your GPU seem to go way through the roof when boosting. Double check that your GPU is in properly and that the any cables to the GPU are in properly...I know you have done this but just in case.

Also what is your airflow like in your case?

Jul 14, 2020
Airflow is decent . have 2 intakes and 1 exhaust . gpu has never gotten past 75 when i ran warzone for several hours straight . also wonder if the issue is related to windows not booting when the system has been off for a while .

Like i have to restart pc 3x to get into repair mode , then tells me there is no issues and restart your pc..... I hit restart and then goes into windows no prob. Then need restart again to get the gpu to work properly . after that the system will run for hours no issue.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020
So after abit of tinkering my pc will boot fine with generic drivers . the minute i install any and drivers the problem happens again. Also noticed when i did a fresh windows install , my msi logo was all stretched and distorted at lower part of my screen. But the windows install still completed . all my pc parts were bought new . would like to figure out the problem before warranty on parts expire

TRENDING THREADS