[SOLVED] Pc been running really slow, how to diagnose/fix?

Adrian Palikowski

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2013
So I’ve been having issues with my pc and I’m not sure what’s going on. As of a few months ago my pc has been struggling to run games like fortnite when about 6-8 months ago I could run fortnite on 200 FPS no problem. Now I can’t even move my mouse on my desktop and it moves extremely slow and choppy in my bios. It takes about 20 minutes just for my pc to boot up windows. I posted here about a month ago to try to resolve my fortnite issues and a couple of comments told me to clean out my pc(dust) and clean off old thermal gunk and reapply my thermal paste. I did, and my pc has progressively gotten slower. I have an i7 6700k GeForce gtx 950 and 8 gigs ram with a 1 tb drive and 500gb ssd. Any advice appreciated in advanced!

Solution
So I’ve been having issues with my pc and I’m not sure what’s going on. As of a few months ago my pc has been struggling to run games like fortnite when about 6-8 months ago I could run fortnite on 200 FPS no problem. Now I can’t even move my mouse on my desktop and it moves extremely slow and choppy in my bios. It takes about 20 minutes just for my pc to boot up windows. I posted here about a month ago to try to resolve my fortnite issues and a couple of comments told me to clean out my pc(dust) and clean off old thermal gunk and reapply my thermal paste. I did, and my pc has progressively gotten slower. I have an i7 6700k GeForce gtx 950 and 8 gigs ram with a 1 tb drive and 500gb ssd. Any advice appreciated in advanced!
Reseat...
Reseat your ram and check none of the cables came loose

Solution