Question PC beeps 5 times after startup, gpu fans spin for about 20secs and then stops - no display on my monitor

Dec 5, 2021
My grphics card is GTX 1650. Before all this happened, I had made a system restore to about one week ago as there was a problem with my wi-fi. After waiting for my system restore to apply, my montior shut off. I restarted the PC and there were 5 beeps on startup, I looked at the activity on my graphics card and after it spins for about 20sec on startup, it stops until i turn it back on again. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Do you get the 5 beeps each and every time you restart?

Or did you just get the 5 beeps one time during the next boot after System Restore?

Do you have earlier System Restore points.

System Restore is often useful, but not nearly as reliable as a system image.

Dec 5, 2021
Do you get the 5 beeps each and every time you restart?

Or did you just get the 5 beeps one time during the next boot after System Restore?

Do you have earlier System Restore points.

System Restore is often useful, but not nearly as reliable as a system image.
I get the beeps 5 times after every restart. Sometimes after restart, the PC shuts off and turns back on by itself, continouing with the 5 beeps. I had done a system restore today at about 1am. There was only one date on there and it was 30/11/2021 (30 November 2021)

5 beeps typically indicates a "process failure". In your case, that may simply mean that your System Restore attempt failed and continues to fail with every boot, although I've never experienced beeps after multiple restarts.

For me, System Restore has run to completion probably 90% of the time and solved my problem probably 70% of the time. I use it much less often now than I did on Windows 7.

What's the current issue? Your video card shuts off after every reboot?

Investigate system imaging as a replacement for System Restore.

Dec 5, 2021
5 beeps typically indicates a "process failure". In your case, that may simply mean that your System Restore attempt failed and continues to fail with every boot, although I've never experienced beeps after multiple restarts.

For me, System Restore has run to completion probably 90% of the time and solved my problem probably 70% of the time. I use it much less often now than I did on Windows 7.

What's the current issue? Your video card shuts off after every reboot?

Investigate system imaging as a replacement for System Restore.
So my initial problem was that I could connect to the internet via an ethernet connection but not with a wi-fi connection. There wasn’t even a ‘Wi-fi’ tab in the Network tab in the settings. The main fix for this i searched up was to do a system restore. Now I don’t really know what my issue is but the only thing that is happening abnormally is my GPU fans not spinning after 20sec on boot. As well as that, I think my display is not working because I use HDMI which is connected to the GPU. I have no other HDMI slots other than that one in the GPU.

I don't use video cards.

My only offhand suggestion is to do a total uninstall of your card and related software followed by a reinstallation.

For all I know it is totally broken beyond repair or will be totally fine after a reinstall.

Can't help any more.

Reactions: Mihx