Question pc beeps (not sure if gpu or mb)

notexactly

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2016
My PC:
I7 6700k
Z170 pro gaming aura
2 x 8gb hx fury ddr4 2666mhz
nvidia geforce gtx 1060 3gb
thermaltake smart se 730w PSU
1 ssd
2 hdds
external audio card AKAI EIE PRO

after i turn on my pc i can hear random short beeps coming from PC, not sure if its gpu or mb or whatever. When i play games i get a short crackling sound out of my speakers and/or short stoppage of sound whenever that same beep happens. I have no idea what it is or why it happens. Anyone had the similar problem ?
Sometimes when i browse on web monitor also just goes black for a second or 2 when that crackling sound from speakers happen.
Temps are fine.
Thanx

notexactly

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2016
Mind if I ask how old that PSU in your build is?

That PSU is not supposed to be located anywhere close to a system, let alone the system listed above. It's more of an expensive paper weight or worse an IED, yes it's a bad unit.
i built this pc in january 2017. I did put the new 8GB ram module few weeks ago and this started to happen after that. I noticed that gpu sometimes behaves weirdly. At one point tonight i couldnt play the game and had to restart. GPU is also heating more than before. It was at 80c tonight. I should probably think about new psu and the sooner the better.
I'm not sure about the beep sound as its basically the same one that happens on startup which means everythings fine. Its weird that it beeps while pc is on and working.

notexactly

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2016
This keeps happening. When i try to play games the sound occurs more often and my gpu sometimes acts weird when this happens. Like it doesnt load the whole screen or the buildings and objects look unfinished and blurry. I recorded the sound and my dusty pc so if anyone can try and realize what makes this sound and why? It does look like its coming from the PSU. Heres a link to Video

TRENDING THREADS