Question PC behaving very strangely after moving

Oct 14, 2020
Hi, I built a new PC on September the 26th with these specs:

Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5 " 7200 RPM internal hard drive

SSD: SanDisk SSD PLUS 1 TB Sata III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

RAM: 32GB DIMM DDR4 G.Skill RipJaws V PC4-25600 (3200 Mhz)

GPU: Sapphire Technology Pulse Radeon RX 5500 XT 4G GDDR6

PSU: SeaSonic EVO Edition 620 W ATX Power supply

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Rx - 7.1 PCIe

It has been running with absolutely no issues since I built it, until October 11th when I moved it to a different house temporarily, and when I booted it up everything was running super slowly and choppy, on top of the fact that I cannot shut it down without using the actual power button and restarts take 5 minutes and usually give blue screen errors. I checked for loose connections, reseated the GPU RAM and sound card, and checked to make sure there's nothing using a ton of processing power. I've got 660 GB free of the 930 that are on my SSD, and the weirdest thing of all is that sometimes if I leave it running for long enough it'll just start working again. I'm honestly completely clueless.

Ralston18

Titan
If nothing got giggled loose during the move then the problem could just be coincidental.

Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

Any error codes, warnings , or even informational events that correspond with the times of slowness and choppiness.

You can also use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (just one at a time) to observe system performance before, during, and after times of slowness and choppiness.

Try running Windows built in troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

After that, if necessary run "sfc /scannow" via the Command Prompt.

Reference:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Next would be "dism".

Oct 14, 2020
Hi, I built a new PC on September the 26th with these specs:

Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5 " 7200 RPM internal hard drive

SSD: SanDisk SSD PLUS 1 TB Sata III 2.5 Inch Internal SSD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

RAM: 32GB DIMM DDR4 G.Skill RipJaws V PC4-25600 (3200 Mhz)

GPU: Sapphire Technology Pulse Radeon RX 5500 XT 4G GDDR6

PSU: SeaSonic EVO Edition 620 W ATX Power supply

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Rx - 7.1 PCIe

It has been running with absolutely no issues since I built it, until October 11th when I moved it to a different house temporarily, and when I booted it up everything was running super slowly and choppy, on top of the fact that I cannot shut it down without using the actual power button and restarts take 5 minutes and usually give blue screen errors. I checked for loose connections, reseated the GPU RAM and sound card, and checked to make sure there's nothing using a ton of processing power. I've got 660 GB free of the 930 that are on my SSD, and the weirdest thing of all is that sometimes if I leave it running for long enough it'll just start working again. I have since moved it back and confirmed it is not the houses power causing the issue. I didn’t really care about the files on my computer at the time so I attempted to reinstall windows but after it reached 83% completed, it got stuck in a reboot loop with the following message:

“The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows, click “OK” to restart the computer, then restart the reinstallation.