Question PC Black Screen Crashing - HELP NEEDED

Aug 3, 2022
Hello everyone. My PC has been crashing almost every day and I have checked Reliability History and found out that the following error codes are causing the crash - ''1b0'' ''117'' and ''141''. I have a Sapphire Nitro + RX 5700 XT GPU and I believe it is the culprit and it may be faulty. I have cleaned it. I have used DDU to uninstall any drivers and downloaded new drivers. I have also tried swapping PCIE slots and checked that all power pins are plugged in correctly. None of these have helped my issue.

I would be grateful if you could suggest any possible fixes to this black screen that normally occurs mid game session in games such as Valorant or CSGO.

Part list:
AMD RYZEN 5 3600
B450 TOMAHAWK MOBO
SAPPHIRE NITRO + RX 5700 XT
16GB CORSAIR RAM @ 3600 MHZ
CORSAIR 750W PSU

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

CORSAIR 750W PSU
Corsair is the brand of the unit, while 750W is the advertised wattage of said unit. What model is your unit? How old is the PSU? On a side note, are you using a daisy chained PCIe power connector or standalone connectors from the PSU to the 2x8pin PCIe connectors on the GPU?

Aug 3, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

CORSAIR 750W PSU
Corsair is the brand of the unit, while 750W is the advertised wattage of said unit. What model is your unit? How old is the PSU? On a side note, are you using a daisy chained PCIe power connector or standalone connectors from the PSU to the 2x8pin PCIe connectors on the GPU?
Hi, I bought the PSU back in December 2019, it's called the RM750x (Corsair CP-9020179-EU RMX Series RM750X ATX/EPS Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold 750 W Power Supply, EU). The power connector is not daisy chained, they are standalone connectors from the PSU to the 2x8 pin PCIe connectors on GPU.

Aug 3, 2022
this black screen that normally occurs mid game session in games such as Valorant or CSGO.
Are these the only two games that create/exhibit the issue?

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?
Well these are the two games I mainly play so it occurs most in these two, but I believe that it would happen in any game, I don't think it's a game issue.

BIOS version is the default one, I haven't updated the BIOS at all as I'm afraid that the system will Black screen during update and will brake my PC.

Aug 3, 2022
Aug 3, 2022
Is it a black screen crash or PC shutdown?
If it is black screen - go to msconfig, enable safe boot with networking, then play the game. If it still crashes, I don't know but if it doesn't, then you probably have a driver problem.
If it is a PC shutdown - check for earth leakage by pressing your arm against the metallic part of cpu. Disconnect the pc from any extension cord, indirect or direct. Then connect the PC directly to UPS which should be directly connected to power supply.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2022
No, what exactly would this change?
If your question is what safe mode would do, the answer is that in safe mode, only the basic drivers needed to run the pc are used. In safe mode + networking, basic drivers + network is enabled. The reason why I asked you to run it once in safe mode is to understand whether it's a driver problem or some other.