Question PC black screen & loud fans while playing certain games

Dec 9, 2021
For a while now I have had an issue where specific games make my screen go black (no 'no signal' message from my monitor) and the case fans instantly ramp up to a very high speed, becoming very loud.
I never tried too hard to fix it because the issue only happened with a select few games that I didn't play much anyways. Recently however, it began happening with more games.

Specs:
Motherboard: MSI B350m Bazooka
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 1400
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580
Ram: 2x8GB DDR4
Power supply: 600W EVGA

What I have tried:
Updating gpu drivers, chipset drivers, BIOS
Rollback gpu drivers
Reseat gpu & RAM
Upgraded power supply

I had used HWinfo in the past to log temps, and all the temps seemed fine. Today, though, I decided to log everything since I really wasn't sure what I should be looking for - Excel Sheet of Log. Probably a better way to send it but idk what I'm doing

Some of the things I noticed were the GPU core current & power suddenly dropping very low before instantly spiking back up, along with the GPU temp being 83 (kinda high but I think ok?), suddenly dipping to 69 then back up to 81. GPU utilization % was also constantly flipping between 0 & 100 (not sure if this is normal or not). The GPU clock also dropped from about 1100 down to 600 then went straight back to 1100.

Earlier today a new issue began. I was googling for solutions when my mouse and keyboard stopped working, and the only way to get them to work was to restart my pc. This happened twice in about 20 minutes. About 15 minutes later it happened a third time, except the monitor went black and gave 'no signal' (note: monitor is connected to gpu via displayport, not motherboard HDMI if it matters). I also noticed the motherboard's CPU troubleshooting light came on.

I'm pretty certain that something is dying and needs to be replaced but I'm not quite sure what. I've been thinking about upgrading anyways, so is it finally time to just do it? Not quite sure what would need to be replaced though. What I saw in the HWinfo log made me think it was a GPU problem, but the keyboard/mouse dying made it seem like a motherboard problem, but the motherboard had the CPU light on so I really don't know what to replace. Maybe all 3 since they're getting pretty old anyways?

Thank you for any help.

Lutfij

Titan
Power supply: 600W EVGA
How old is the PSU in your build?

Upgraded power supply
If the EVGA unit is the PSU powering your build, what did you upgrade to?

BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS