[SOLVED] Pc black screen

masterfalcon3000

Reputable
Sep 5, 2017
So i was browsing on my pc and from no where my pc restarted it self and it shutdown so when i press the power button nothing on the screen is shown not even a single word Just a black screen

1-tried to unplug and plog every single thing
2-tried to remove and put again the cmos [ motherboard bettary ]

Note : when i press the power button the cpu, gpu and power supply light and fans are working

Last edited:
Solution
just fyi, when a computer displays something onto the screen that is called a post/the computer posted. if your pc clearly has powered up but nothing shows on the screen, this is called post failure. the annoying thing is, a pc failing to post could be many MANY things. it could in fact be any of the components. you have one 3 main options really, if its a prebuild try and claim an RMA, if it isnt a prebuild, cpu, motherboard and ram for an rma and replace them or you can take it to a shop and they will fix it for you.

adamgrant520

Reputable
Jan 6, 2019
just fyi, when a computer displays something onto the screen that is called a post/the computer posted. if your pc clearly has powered up but nothing shows on the screen, this is called post failure. the annoying thing is, a pc failing to post could be many MANY things. it could in fact be any of the components. you have one 3 main options really, if its a prebuild try and claim an RMA, if it isnt a prebuild, cpu, motherboard and ram for an rma and replace them or you can take it to a shop and they will fix it for you.

Solution

masterfalcon3000

Reputable
Sep 5, 2017
1- i do have my cpu i5 6600 and my motherboard asus h170 pro since 2016 maybe it's time to upgrade ?
2-so my psu is not the problem right ? since the fans and lights are appearing so tgis should good sugn for psu ?

Thanks for the reply

TRENDING THREADS