PC black screening under load

CaptainPep

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016
After 2 weeks of working perfectly, my pc has started black screening while gaming. Funny thing is that it runs fine with stress tests like furmark. It isn't temperature because it crashes at 50°C for GPU (MSI Gaming 970) and the same for the CPU (i5-4460). I'm starting to think it's the PSU(CX500M). Also the error message in the event viewer is Kernel-power 41 so what do I do.

Solution
1| I presume you're on Windows 10. If so, then you should make sure your BIOS and chipset drivers are up to date.
2| Make sure you've got the latest graphics drivers installed on your system.
3| Before blaming the PSU as the culprit, might you be able to pass on your full system's specs? In that respect is it possible to pass on the SKU for your PSU? There are a number of CXM units the older ones had questionable internals while the new ones are better built. Not very good but better built.
4| What sort of loads do you subject the system to? Can you state the titles with which you tax your system?

Lutfij

Titan
1| I presume you're on Windows 10. If so, then you should make sure your BIOS and chipset drivers are up to date.
2| Make sure you've got the latest graphics drivers installed on your system.
3| Before blaming the PSU as the culprit, might you be able to pass on your full system's specs? In that respect is it possible to pass on the SKU for your PSU? There are a number of CXM units the older ones had questionable internals while the new ones are better built. Not very good but better built.
4| What sort of loads do you subject the system to? Can you state the titles with which you tax your system?

Solution