Pc black sreen and freeze while youtube

coproiche

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2016
Hello everyone, my pc is going to black screen and instant freeze, after some time of watching a videos on youtube. No errors or bsods, it happens only on youtube on all browsers, and not happens while gaming. Pc has following configuration:

Mobo gigabyte x58a-ud3r
CPU i7 920 non oc
GPU Ati Hd6850 non oc
Ram Kingston KVR1333D3N9/4G x2 1333mhz
Psu Chieftec GPC-600S 600W
Hdd seagate barracuda 1tb 7200rpm

My thoughts a it could be caused by replaced gpu, one year ago, previously it was 4850, which is died, and replaced by used 6850.
What could be your suggestions? Could bying a gt1030/gtx1050 or cpu OC resolve this?

Solution
The first thing I'd ask you to change is your PSU. It's more of an expensive paperweight in your system and will most likely make your entire system an expensive paperweight. Instead of throwing money at a problem you're unaware of, I'd suggest making sure that your hardware is in order. Yes, the PSU can be the cause of killing your components.

You can try and uninstall the GPU drivers and reinstall them with the latest off AMD's site. Are you also on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? See if the issue crops up when you are on one stick of ram.

Lutfij

Titan
The first thing I'd ask you to change is your PSU. It's more of an expensive paperweight in your system and will most likely make your entire system an expensive paperweight. Instead of throwing money at a problem you're unaware of, I'd suggest making sure that your hardware is in order. Yes, the PSU can be the cause of killing your components.

You can try and uninstall the GPU drivers and reinstall them with the latest off AMD's site. Are you also on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard? See if the issue crops up when you are on one stick of ram.

Solution