Question PC black screens and fans go full speed while gaming ?

Jun 10, 2023
use hwinfo and post a picture of the sensor page here on idle and it also could made log so you could the system info when it crash .
95QEos7.png
6lXbt05.png
J59eIvw.png
C6MAtar.png
TovvFOT.png

Jun 10, 2023
use hwinfo and post a picture of the sensor page here on idle and it also could made log so you could the system info when it crash .
I did the logs on HWINFO when it crashed but the logs are just a heap of text. is that the logs you were after?

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
i would recheck cpu cooler since core goes up to 91 c at 100 % use with 1.081 volt on cpu also 4,000 rpm seams to high for it see it you could raise chassis 1 fan to higher speed since aux tin 1 goes to 100 c then the gpu does not report any fan speed .

Jun 10, 2023
i would recheck cpu cooler since core goes up to 91 c at 100 % use with 1.081 volt on cpu also 4,000 rpm seams to high for it see it you could raise chassis 1 fan to higher speed since aux tin 1 goes to 100 c then the gpu does not report any fan speed .
fan has always said 4000rpm but isn't actually going 4000rpm, it has always been fine and acted normal. No idea why.

I checked cooler, even reapplied thermal paste and problem is still occurring.

It has blacked screened without fans spinning as well a few times and one time display stayed on and PC just froze but it mainly black screens and spins up fans.

Reactions: sandwich1699975
Jun 10, 2023
While playing my pc will black screen and the fans will go full speed and I have to restart my pc using the button on pc. it has also happened when desk is bumped a few times but currently wont when desk is bumped.
Also has happened a few times where fans won't spin up to full speed.

I’ve tried:
  • updating graphics driver and clean graphic driver install
  • reinstalling Windows
  • checked wires in pc and removed dust
  • adjusted ram xmp profile
  • updated bios (still crashed with default bios settings).
  • Reseated gpu
  • reseated cpu cooler and reapplied thermal paste.
I’m also not the most tech smart person so it’s rather infuriating and I have no idea what else I could do. I may have also missed a hardware issue due to me not knowing to much.

It didn’t do any of this a few months ago either.

PC specs:

• Corsair CV550 Bronze 550W Power Supply
  • Intel Core i5 9600KF Processor
  • Acer KG271P FHD 165Hz FreeSync 27in Monitor
  • Samsung 860 QVO 2.5in SATA SSD 1TB
  • ASRock 2390 Pro4 Motherboard
  • Corsair Hydro Series H100x 240mm Liquid CPU Cooler
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 OC 6GB
  • Team T-Force Dark Z 16GB (2×8GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 Grey

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023
I helped with fixing this issue in person.

After rebuilding the PC from scratch (minus the fans and radiator) it seems to have fixed the issue. As the symptoms that would occur every 5-30 minutes have not appeared after a day of use.

I believe this was some sort of contact or short issue with one of the components (slamming the bench could sometimes cause a black screen). Perhaps the GPU or CPU was not seated correctly and thermal expansion would cause a disconnect after the 5-30 minute period (or the slamming of the desk. Which was not always reproducible for some reason).

Whatever the true issue was, It may still be dormant. But I would recommend rebuilding the PC from scratch in this scenario after all other troubleshooting methods have been exhausted.

Reactions: Aezenyte

TRENDING THREADS