[SOLVED] PC Blackscreens when playing media

Jun 10, 2021
Almost every time i watch videos and gifs my pc blackscreens and when it goes back on sometimes i have to restart apps because the app gets white and unresponsive, its getting really anoying anyone can help?

CPU: Ryzen 4750g
RAM: DDR4 8GB 3200MHz XPG X2
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 gaming X
PSU: Gigabyte P550B
CASE: Gigabyte C200 glass
GPU: Integrated graphics of the proccesor
HDD/SSD: GIGABYTE M.2 PCIe SSD 256GB HDD: Barracuda 2TB
Monitor: Acer qg241ybii
Operating system: Windows 10 version 21H1

Solution
If it's happening every time you're attempting to watch a video, can you try watching a video again and when the problem presents itself, use this key combination:

RXyO7IZ.png

Screen should go out for a second, and then reappear. It's a built-in ability to restart the graphics driver.

Then try playing the video again and see if the issue persists.

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
Could be a bunch of things.

Could be a driver issue with your GPU. Try rolling back to a previous GPU driver.

Did you recently switch GPU scheduling on in settings?

Have you checked task manager to see if anything there looks foreign or rogue? What about apps that are starting up with the PC? Anything downloaded and installed recently? Changes to BIOS?

Need a bit more info.

Jun 10, 2021
Could be a bunch of things.

Could be a driver issue with your GPU. Try rolling back to a previous GPU driver.

Did you recently switch GPU scheduling on in settings?

Have you checked task manager to see if anything there looks foreign or rogue? What about apps that are starting up with the PC? Anything downloaded and installed recently? Changes to BIOS?

Need a bit more info.

1. I updated the drivers as soon as i built the pc, i had this problem before but it was only happening after windows booted up it was not happening more than 1 one time while the pc was on

2. No i havent turned it on

3. In task manager i cant find anything that i looks rogue, when i start my pc discord and the xbox gamepass thing opens, i did turn xmp on in the bios and overclocked the ram to 3400 mhz

Hopefully this helps

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
1. I updated the drivers as soon as i built the pc, i had this problem before but it was only happening after windows booted up it was not happening more than 1 one time while the pc was on

2. No i havent turned it on

3. In task manager i cant find anything that i looks rogue, when i start my pc discord and the xbox gamepass thing opens, i did turn xmp on in the bios and overclocked the ram to 3400 mhz

Hopefully this helps

So to be clear, this issue has been a problem since you built the PC, and that the problem was happening only once per session before, where as now it's happening every time you try to watch a video or GIF, correct?

revodo

Proper
BANNED
Jun 10, 2021
If it's happening every time you're attempting to watch a video, can you try watching a video again and when the problem presents itself, use this key combination:

RXyO7IZ.png

Screen should go out for a second, and then reappear. It's a built-in ability to restart the graphics driver.

Then try playing the video again and see if the issue persists.

Solution