Question PC blackscreens when watching Netflix

Apr 3, 2019
When I start watching Netflix or HBO, my pc randomly turns black for some seconds, then normal, and then black after some minutes. If I keep watching, these blackscreens occur more often, and it is really annoying. When watching YouTube, it is perfectly fine. These blackscreens started appearing when I upgraded my gpu from GTX 970 to RTX 2070, my specs are:

GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K

MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170-Gaming K3

PSU: Corsair CX750M

RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 2133MHz 16GB

geektoid

Reputable
Apr 2, 2019
You probably already did so, but have you taken out your graphics card and reset it? If not, try resetting it in the slot. Also, if you haven't tried yet, uninstall the drivers and do a fresh install of them. See if that works.

If that problem still arises, it might be a compatibility issue with your Mobo and Card...shouldn't be, but you never know, Gigabyte kinda is wonky at times with their hardware. You might also want to try updating BIOS while you're at it, too. There was an update back in October for RTX cards.

Apr 3, 2019
You probably already did so, but have you taken out your graphics card and reset it? If not, try resetting it in the slot. Also, if you haven't tried yet, uninstall the drivers and do a fresh install of them. See if that works.

If that problem still arises, it might be a compatibility issue with your Mobo and Card...shouldn't be, but you never know, Gigabyte kinda is wonky at times with their hardware. You might also want to try updating BIOS while you're at it, too. There was an update back in October for RTX cards.

I think this is where the problem is, because I tried to take it out then in again, and it isn't really enough space in my case to have it there, so the powercables is very hard to get in. This pushes the card in on the right side, and that is not good is it?

I haven't tried re-installing the drivers yet, so I should maybe do that first.

TRENDING THREADS