PC blackscreens while gaming

TheTony15

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017
My PC Blackscreens while gaming and my gpu fans go to 100%. When it blackscreens i can still hear the sounds of the game. +GPU doesn´t overheat
PC Specs:
Processor: i5-4460
GPU: ASUS Dual Series GTX1060 6gb
PSU: Seasonic S12II-520 520w
RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) some Kingston ram
Motherboard: Some acer from aspire one xc-605
DVD Thing
1t Seagate hard drive

Solution
Before getting to any of the below.. update(clean install) to the latest video card drivers. If issue persists.........

There's a good chance the video card is overheating. Are you playing games on high/ultra settings for long periods? I'd suggest lowering the graphic settings a little and not going above 1080p. Also... blow out any dust buildup in the system(if you haven't done so lately) and try to keep it in a well ventilated location. If you feel up to it, I'd recommend replacing the thermal paste on the GPU with something better. Even on my current 1070 I replaced the thermal paste(as well as on the Titan I had before).

toshibitsu

Distinguished
Before getting to any of the below.. update(clean install) to the latest video card drivers. If issue persists.........

There's a good chance the video card is overheating. Are you playing games on high/ultra settings for long periods? I'd suggest lowering the graphic settings a little and not going above 1080p. Also... blow out any dust buildup in the system(if you haven't done so lately) and try to keep it in a well ventilated location. If you feel up to it, I'd recommend replacing the thermal paste on the GPU with something better. Even on my current 1070 I replaced the thermal paste(as well as on the Titan I had before).

Solution

TheTony15

Prominent
Jul 6, 2017

thx it was a driver issue.