Question Pc blue screen randomly

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
Currently,as I was playing rust,my computer froze and blue screened saying “your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart....” I’ve had my pc for 6 years and this has never happened,should I be worried?Its restarted and seems to be working fine,I’m concerned.

Watch your temperatures the next time this happens.
You can also just run a game and use MSI Afterburner's overlay to keep track of how far the temps go. Since you say you've had this PC for a while, it might be the thermal paste/dust build-up that is causing high thermals and when they reach a certain point, the PC shuts down to prevent damage.

Have you cleaned your PC in a while? Had its thermal paste changes?
You usually need to clean every 6 or so months but things don't start to get bad until it hasn't been cleaned for over an year.
Thermal paste usually lasts similar amount of time depending on its quality.

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
You can also just run a game and use MSI Afterburner's overlay to keep track of how far the temps go. Since you say you've had this PC for a while, it might be the thermal paste/dust build-up that is causing high thermals and when they reach a certain point, the PC shuts down to prevent damage.

You usually need to clean every 6 or so months but things don't start to get bad until it hasn't been cleaned for over an year.
The error was something along the lines of page fault,it’s been a while since I’ve cleaned my pc,never changed my thermal paste but I changed my cpu about a year ago so it’s fairly new,hasn’t been there for a year, same with cleaning out my pc.I watch my temps while playing Cold War and they seem fine,my gpu atleast.

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019

Is there a bsod that says it needs to shut down?my screen said it needs to restart and it restarted

Yeah xmp but nothing has changed on my pc,so idk why it’s doing it now if anything
I am not sure if RAM can degrade over time but I also OC'd my RAM above XMP and it worked fine for a few months but then started giving me crashes again so I put it back to XMP.
Maybe you should try to disable XMP for a few days and see if it gives BSOD. IF this is your first BSOD ever then you can ignore it for now, if it happens again then try this.

Jaydeesus

Prominent
Jun 16, 2019
I am not sure if RAM can degrade over time but I also OC'd my RAM above XMP and it worked fine for a few months but then started giving me crashes again so I put it back to XMP.
Maybe you should try to disable XMP for a few days and see if it gives BSOD. IF this is your first BSOD ever then you can ignore it for now, if it happens again then try this.
This is my first every bsod,I only have normal xmp,I don’t oc it over.So are there any steps you recommend me to do if this was my first time or should I just move on with my day? Also how do you know this is an issue with my ram?what if it was the game I was playing?

This is my first every bsod,I only have normal xmp,I don’t oc it over.So are there any steps you recommend me to do if this was my first time or should I just move on with my day? Also how do you know this is an issue with my ram?what if it was the game I was playing?

The error was something along the lines of page fault
this is why. From what I know this can be a fault with the RAM many times.
For now Re-seat your RAM modules.

If it happens again disable your XMP and see if that fixes it.