PC blue screened and will no longer post?

Wasard

Commendable
Jan 17, 2017
I was sitting at my desk in discord with a friend painting some warhammer minis when my pc crashed. I looked up at my pc screen and it went black and showed a BSoD for a few seconds before going black again. My computer was still on and all the fans were spinning and so on. I turned off my power supply, turned it back again and tried to reboot my pc. It did not display to my monitor but case, video card and cpu fans were all spinning as normal.

At the time I did not have any intensive programs or games open. I was on Discord with a mate and had a few chrome tabs open in the background but that's it. I am sort of at a loss here as to what the problem is. I haven't really changed anything about my pc recently apart from upgrading from a 8GB RAM kit to a 16GB one and moving it from my parents house to my parents flat.

I have tried:
-Using HDMI instead of DVI-D
-Switching graphics card slot
-Using only one RAM slot
-Using integrated graphics
-Clearing CMOS

I am totally at a loss here. My PC crashed seemingly out of the blue and now I can't even get it to post.

Solution
Try one more time:
Check the PSU by the paper clip method. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buPMx9dw0LU
After done the test, plug the 24pin and 8 pin cables into the MB, remove all the RAM, boot device, GPU, use onboard iGPU. After clear the CMOS, boot the PC to see what happens.
1) If the PC does the same, no boot, you need to ask someone for help, like go to local PC shop let them test the cpu or MB , because either the MB or cpu has problem.
2) If the PC can boot, add the hardware one by one back, like add the one stick RAM to boot the PC, if it can boot up, shut down the PC, add the boot device, boot the PC, and so on.
Try one more time:
Check the PSU by the paper clip method. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buPMx9dw0LU
After done the test, plug the 24pin and 8 pin cables into the MB, remove all the RAM, boot device, GPU, use onboard iGPU. After clear the CMOS, boot the PC to see what happens.
1) If the PC does the same, no boot, you need to ask someone for help, like go to local PC shop let them test the cpu or MB , because either the MB or cpu has problem.
2) If the PC can boot, add the hardware one by one back, like add the one stick RAM to boot the PC, if it can boot up, shut down the PC, add the boot device, boot the PC, and so on.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS