Question PC blue screened while gaming now will no long boot past the splash screen

Jun 26, 2022
My PC just suddenly blue screened while gaming with no warning. When I rebooted, it would just freeze right at the bios screen after about 20 seconds. I can get into the bios just fine and it seems to recognize everything. I tried booting from a USB drive to reinstall windows but it even freezes when trying to boot from a USB drive. I also tried swapping the ram around but it still freezes at the same spot. Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm stumped. Here are my specs.

I9 9900k
Gigabyte z390 designare
Gigabyte vision rtx 3080
G skill 32gb ram
Corsair rm850x power supply

I would try reducing the system to the minimum number of components and see if it boots. Remove any unnecessary drives, only use a single stick of RAM and take the gpu out and use integrated graphics. If it then boots ok you can add back a piece at a time until it becomes unstable again.

Jun 26, 2022
So it seems disabling turbo boost fixed the issue. I was able to boot into windows and do some stress testing and everything seems to be ok. If I enable turbo boost, the issue comes back. Does this mean my CPU is dying?