Question PC blue screens on startup after installing new RAM

Apr 21, 2020
I upgraded my RAM from 2x 4 gigs (DDR4) to 2x 8 gigs. It all went smooth at first but about an hour after the installation my computer crashed for the first time. The next day it consistently crashes on startup. Sometimes it crashes before it even allows me to log into windows but the majority of the time it is about a minute after I get to my desktop. I get a different stop code every time. I do not know my specs off the top of my head and cannot get in my pc long enough to check. I have not done anything in the Bios and that might be the problem, but I am not exactly a tech guy so I have no idea how to do that. I would like to continue using the new RAM because it helped my performance but I do not think it is compatible with my computer. Thanks

EDIT: The new RAM is Corsair Vengeance LPX

Apr 21, 2020
Memory manufacturers such as Corsair don't guarantee adding extra memory to existing memory to be compatible together.
I understand that but I did not think that would apply when I am replacing the old with two completely new sticks that came from the same pack

I guess I’m wondering if this is fixable or not. Is there something I can configure to stop the blue screens? Should I just cut my losses and return it and if that’s the case what RAM should I buy instead?

My motherboard came from msi if that helps

Last edited: