Pc Bluescreened shortly after city power outage.. Now my mobo or cpu is dead?

Dustin_4

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
My pc went off after the power to my apartment and assuming surrounding areas flickered briefly and now it won't come back on.

Mobo: msi z170a m7
CPU: i7 6700
PSU: Lepa G700m
RAM: DDR4 Hyperx Fury x2
Cooler: Corsair h100i v2 liquid
Tower: Rosewil Thor II
Bios: unsure because I can't get into bios but it was updated like 8 months ago or so its not stock.

Basicly. The power in town flickered yesterday due to high winds. My pc went off and did absolutely nothing when power button was pressed. After a short troubleshooting period I thought maybe it was the surge protector. I moved the pc to a different side of the apartment and it fired right up. I moved it back.. Also fired right up. So not sure what that is about. But after it stayed in for the next 6 hours under decent load with no issues and normal Fps for what it does.

Day 2.. I was woken by a sudden lack of noise when the power went off again today and again I noticed my computer went off again. So I tried to start it.. Again nothing. So I tried moving it to the other side if the room again and nothing. After un plugging it and plugging it back in several times nothing happened except the last time which was the same as before but this time I heard a small contact noise from the plug when I plugged it in. Then it immediately fired right up. I moved it back and got some windows open. Nothing with a major load or anything just chrome and music. And I got WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR. It loaded back up and went to windows and immediately went Bsod. It then started trying to run the automatic repair tool and as soon as it thought about that for a few seconds another bsod.. And then It just looped like that for a bit. Then it stopped going to bsod

After loads of trouble shooting I'm am stuck and not sure where my problem is. It was letting me into the bios for a while but has since stopped doing that a couple of hiurs ago.

Steps taken.
1. Removed all unnecessary things.
2. Pulled ram and did the ram swapping test.
3. Pulled checked and reseated the CPU
4. Unplugged everything and plugged it back in.
5. Reset cmos
6. Pulled the m.2 harddrive which sent the computer to EFI shell prompt
7. I put in a normal SSD which then wanted me to plug in a proper boot device.
8. I put in a windows instalation thumb drive and it made it to that first windows logo and then BSOD again.
9. I breadboarded the entire system. Nothing.
10. I swapped the PSU. In which proved that mine was fine because it ran another pc just fine but the working PSU from the other pc cause no change in my pc situation.
11. I installed a system speaker with no ram installed I get 3 long beeps for memory error (which I was lead to believe would only happen if the cpu and mobo passed the error stage and it hit the ram last of those 3. So by giving me the memory error I was supposed to consider my cpu and mobo good to go I guess I dont know if that's the case.
12. I tried a different working stick of ram from another computer. Nothing.
13. I follower the Toms hardware guide on troubleshooting.. Nothing.

I do not have another 1151 socket mobo or cpu to check the mobo or cpu so I don't know what to do now. I dont know what other steps I can take. Currently when the power button is pressed I get lights and fans but no picture. I have been getting error codes 19 55 04 which says that things are initializing too early. Southbridge, cpu, and ram. Not entirely sure what that means. Mobo has lots of lights built into it they also all work.

Any help would be amazing.

Dustin_4

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
The thing is.. I was getting post. It just randomly stopped then started again. I would get bios for a while then I wouldn't. Then I would again.. Now I'm not again. So I don't know if I'm just in a phase where it's not giving me post or if it just croaked after struggling to hang on

Doseq

Reputable
Oct 25, 2014
Your best chance is to try your rig with another motherboard. CPUs die very rarely. If you dont have anyone from you can borrow a similar mobo you can always try to call some computer serivces. They often have parts they use to rule out the corruption of other parts.

Dustin_4

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
It's back to posting today. Made it to the bios.. Bios seemed normal. Tried to load a fresh installed windows SSD in and after it got past the splash screen it went black and the monitor said no signal. Restarted and nothing.. Now I have error code 4F which is not even a debug code In the manual.

Dustin_4

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
I talked to a guy at the PC store here in town and he said he thought the mother board was dead after I explained this but he did say that my Mobo was posting. Entering the bios in anyform regardless that I'm not getting a beep is posting.

I am currently trying to flash bios with no luck.