Question PC Bluescreens 50% of time after posting: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Sep 2, 2022
My current rig has had an audio issue for over a year in which when playing highly graphic intense video games ( Elden Ring, Hell Let Loose, etc) it would cut out my audio, freeze my game for a couple seconds, and then gradually return to normal. However, in addition to this problem, my pc has begun to blue-screen half the time it’s first turned on with the error code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. I’ve updated my drivers and bios, tried different ram, repaired any corrupted files and this issue continues to run rampant. Either my pc starts up just fine, or goes into a cycle of continuous blue-screens. When observing in event viewer, the system states Kernel_Power 41, in which i’m thinking my PSU may be dying and failing to power my system correctly. Honestly i’m completely stumped at this point, and I have no idea what next steps I should take in order to resolve this repeated issue.

Lutfij

Titan
Happy New Year!

It could also be that your OS is corrupt. To rule out your PSU being the root of the issue, source(borrow, not buy) a PSU from a friend who owns a reliably built unit, without more wattage than what your entire system is designated to draw.

Might want to list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of your current PSU apart from it's make and model.

Reactions: Zquinox
Sep 2, 2022
Happy New Year!
Currently, i’ve manually updating and changing a driver in my OS. Ive found a couple corrupt files, but they’ve been repaired. Though, i’m still experiencing the blue-screening sadly.

My Current specs are:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Gaming X
Ram: Teamgroup T-Force Night Hawk 3600MHz ( 2x8GB)
SSD: Kingston 120GB A400 SATA 3
HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB
GPU: Zotac RTX 2060
PSU: Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro Series EA650G Pro 650W
PSU age: 2 years, 3 months in use, not positive of its manufacture date
Chassis: Zalman S5 Mid Tower PC Gaming ATX
Monitor: AOC CQ27G2 27”

Lutfij

Titan
If your OS had corrupt files, then your installer might be to blame. Nothing ever really happens when trying to repair an OS ever since Windows 8 was released, in spite of having CMD lines to try and repair a corrupt OS. Where did you source the installer for your OS?

PSU age: 2 years, 3 months in use, not positive of its manufacture date
Manufacturing date has no bearing on this topic, we merely need to know how long the PSU has been in service in the build. If it's an used unit, then you will also need to factor in the time it was in use prior to the build listed above.