PC Boot/Crash Issues.

Pogfamous

Prominent
May 4, 2017
For roughly a week, my PC has been unable to startup, encountering a bluescreen upon boot. To begin with, I assumed this was an OS issue and so put a fresh install of Win10 onto the system. Since doing this, the system booted, and I set up Win10 as usual. However, it wasn't running long before the screen went blank with the system still on.

This has led me to believe its an issue with my graphics card but I really am unsure, especially as I can still turn on my PC and enter bios with no difficulty. I would test with integrated graphics but my aging processor doesn't incorporate the feature.

Are there any steps I should take to troubleshoot the issue? I am debating buying a cheapo GPU to attempt to rectify the issue but I am unsure. I have also bought new SATA cables but I am not hopeful for the result.
The only other component I imagine could be having issues is the hard drive, but I have a spare and will troubleshoot the issue later.

• MSI z77 1155 G43 MOBO.
    Nvidia GeForce 570 GPU
    i3 Processor (sandy/ivy)
    500gb HDD
    2x4gb RAM
    600w PSU

Sibbe_

Reputable
May 9, 2017
check your psu, maybe your cpu is running a lil hot.. try to remove the thermal compund and apply it again, see if that makes a diffrence, also you might have a faulty hdd my'n died a week ago and whats the error you keep getting?

Pogfamous

Prominent
May 4, 2017

The CPU is running okay, the temps are all normal. Im reinstalling windows now on a backup HDD to see if that has an impact. If not I'll test with a new GPU. Ultimately the motherboard might be faulty but Im not sure how to check it.

Sibbe_

Reputable
May 9, 2017

try resetting cmos battery too, maybe thats empty, if it is you can buy them pretty cheaply

Pogfamous

Prominent
May 4, 2017

I reset the CMOS battery a few days ago with no noticeable change, might just be a core issue with the mobo + other components.

TRENDING THREADS