Question PC Boot Issue DRAM/CPU light on MOBO

May 7, 2022
Funny problems since day 1 of owning a custom PC brought.

Once the power button is pressed CPU light flashes red quick then to DRAM orange stays on for a while then will either turn off to then green and white vga however sometimes when booting PC it'll stick on orange DRAM until boot off as no display so restart and tried new ram / different slots and weirdly all will work then others won't. Had CPU light stay on red couple times although after a restart will be fine. Had the PC boot up perfect and run how should although just always come to times when booting that it will stay on DRAM orange. Any advice would be helpful as tried BIOS update before didnt help but weirdly after getting my extra 16gb Ram so have 4x 8GB ram it ran fine first few days although not long till having issues booting orange DRAM selecting channels to put in and will not work correctly in either but will have to try boot off and on again till boots up fine???

Specs:

i5 - 11400 @ 2.60GHz
32gb Vengeance Ram
GTX 1060 6GB
TUF GAMING B560M-PLUS
Corsair CV550(watt)
500gb Samsung SSD

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I wish people didn't invest in the CV or VS series of PSU's, instead went for something more higher end within Corsair's own portfolio/product stack.

That being said, Can you get into BIOS and see what your BIOS version is at the time of writing? Can you parse a link to the ram kit you're using? Are the the same revision(shown on the stickered side of the ram kit)?